The media ( I kna ) and the two Jordans

Hopefully our local North East media will reflect that a great save and a great goal from two Sunderland lads provided the platform for our National side to progress to the quarter finals of a World Cup -with reports from former teachers /friends and local dog walkers who “ knew “two of our own .Hope they get the attention they deserve -we will wait and see ( ha ha )
Patto next ….

Last edited:

Hopefully our local North East media will reflect that a great save and a great goal from two Sunderland lads provided the platform for our National side to progress to the quarter finals of a World Cup -with reports from former teachers /friends and local dog walkers who “ knew “two of our own .Hope they get the attention they deserve -we will wait and see ( ha ha )
Patto next ….

I admire your optimism

Patto next ….

It might happen if it was a more obscure sport or less well known players.

Henderson has been at Liverpool over 10 years and won loads of trophies. He's a very well known footballer, and even with England has achieved more than winning a last 16 world cup tie. It's not really big news that England have won a last 16 tie in the world cup.

Pickford has been England #1 for about 5 years and has achieved better with England than reaching a WC quarter final.

This isn't the game where they'll do a This is Your Life style feature on two local lads.

Perspective please. Too much emphasis is put on heritage when it comes to football players. Yes Jordan Henderson and Jordan Pickford are from Sunderland but they no longer play for Sunderland. Football is a sport of clubs. Not homes. Southgate picks players based on their club, not on where they are from.

Football has a horrible habit of taking you far away from home. Once you are sold by your hometown club and the club that started your career like we saw with Jordan Henderson and Jordan Pickford, the chances of you going back to re-sign are slim I think. I don’t know of many players who went back to sign for their hometown club. Once you get sold that is it. You leave your parent club behind to make something of yourself.

Perspective please. Too much emphasis is put on heritage when it comes to football players. Yes Jordan Henderson and Jordan Pickford are from Sunderland but they no longer play for Sunderland. Football is a sport of clubs. Not homes. Southgate picks players based on their club, not on where they are from.

Football has a horrible habit of taking you far away from home. Once you are sold by your hometown club and the club that started your career like we saw with Jordan Henderson and Jordan Pickford, the chances of you going back to re-sign are slim I think. I don’t know of many players who went back to sign for their hometown club. Once you get sold that is it. You leave your parent club behind to make something of yourself.

Yip - I'd rather we won the world cup with a bunch of southerners.

Heritage == Booby and Jackie Charlton . . . World Cup winners from the North East of England.

Haddaway and shite.

Patto next ….

Did you see that the lad Newcastle signed from Australia nearly scored as they went out?

The Local news will lead with that.....

Last edited:
Jordan Henderson — a credit to himself, his family and Sunderland.

Jordan Pigford (aka Pickford) — a mouthy gobshite whose head is stuck up his own arse.
It'll be brushed over on Look North or replaced altogether with a story about a cat stuck up a tree

Was it rescued?

Last edited:
Patto next ….
Best part of the day is our England Newcastle friends had to cheer on our lads

Back