The media ( I kna ) and the two Jordans

Perspective please. Too much emphasis is put on heritage when it comes to football players. Yes Jordan Henderson and Jordan Pickford are from Sunderland but they no longer play for Sunderland. Football is a sport of clubs. Not homes. Southgate picks players based on their club, not on where they are from.

Football has a horrible habit of taking you far away from home. Once you are sold by your hometown club and the club that started your career like we saw with Jordan Henderson and Jordan Pickford, the chances of you going back to re-sign are slim I think. I don’t know of many players who went back to sign for their hometown club. Once you get sold that is it. You leave your parent club behind to make something of yourself.

:lol::lol:

Perspective please. Too much emphasis is put on heritage when it comes to football players. Yes Jordan Henderson and Jordan Pickford are from Sunderland but they no longer play for Sunderland. Football is a sport of clubs. Not homes. Southgate picks players based on their club, not on where they are from.

Football has a horrible habit of taking you far away from home. Once you are sold by your hometown club and the club that started your career like we saw with Jordan Henderson and Jordan Pickford, the chances of you going back to re-sign are slim I think. I don’t know of many players who went back to sign for their hometown club. Once you get sold that is it. You leave your parent club behind to make something of yourself.
Absolutely. However, they are SAFC supporters and will rejoice in “their” clubs success as we do them making a success of themselves.

Last edited:

I assume you copied that from a Mag twitter account, it will certainly be ready for the 'deluded RTG' now, its the same contortions they use for sportswashing defences tbh. Every mag will be delighted to know that England best two players last night have 'absolutely nothing to do with Sunderland'. Its one step from them being 'proud Geordies' as they have tried to label Lisa Scott.

You are, without any shadow of doubt, the strangest man I have ever encountered.

I assume you copied that from a Mag twitter account, it will certainly be ready for the 'deluded RTG' now, its the same contortions they use for sportswashing defences tbh. Every mag will be delighted to know that England best two players last night have 'absolutely nothing to do with Sunderland'. Its one step from them being 'proud Geordies' as they have tried to label Lisa Scott.
Lisa Scott?🤷‍♂️

We're celebrating them as they're sons of Sunderland. Not because they are ex-players. They were born and raised in Sunderland. They are mackems.

You're from sheels so you can frankly fuck right off.

The mags f***ing hate them both!

Born and bred Sunlun lads who came through our academy. They might ply their trade in Liverpool, but both are a huge credit to their city and hometown club.
We're celebrating them as they're sons of Sunderland. Not because they are ex-players. They were born and raised in Sunderland. They are mackems.

You're from sheels so you can frankly fuck right off.

Wouldn’t waste your breath marra, best stick him on ignore as always looking to wind people up with an “alternative” or negative opinion when it comes to Sunlun.

Last edited:
Your forgetting that Geordie legend known as Tripps,after all he plays for the Mags so now he’s a Geordie

hehehehe

He's from Bury. I am sure the people of Bury are cheering him along. Mason Mount is Chelsea blue but was born in the blue of Portsmouth on January 10, 1999. Pubs all over Pompey were packed to the rafters with Pompey fans chanting his name I bet. It isn't Pompey who they want to play up. It was Mason. And even further afield I am sure Kingston, Jamaica is proud as hell of their boy Raheem Sterling.

I am proud of the success of all the telly talent from Shields' like Joe McEldery (the only episode of the X Factor I ever watched was the final), Sarah Millican and Chris Ramsey. I was even proud of Steve Simonsen who played for Tranmere Rovers in my one and only game I saw at Roker Park and was happy his team won 1-0 in the pouring rain on Sunday March 5, 1995. That was a consolation to me. It is only natural we think about where a sports, music or TV personality comes from. It's a nice thing to think about. It makes us proud. But don't go overboard.

So anything you disagree with about what Sunderland supporters do is being a mag is it? Must we all be indoctrinated with the iodelogies of Sunderland supporters? Once upon a time they used to like to throw season tickets on the pitch if they wanted a manager gone. Or they liked to walk about before the hour. Is that something we had to agree with them doing?
Wouldn’t waste your breath marra, best stick him on ignore as always looking to wind people up with an “alternative” or negative opinion when it comes to Sunlun.

I had a whole list of people on Ignore. Yet I was told to rise above it and laugh it off rather than stick on Ignore. Due to my good nature and because I am a soft touch and a fool I agreed. I have never regretted anything in my life more than bowing to the advice of the SMB. I will be piutting right a great wrong. I am going to re-establish an Ignore list with anyone who dares insult, humiliate or embarass me.

The SMB is a case of one rule for one (me) and another for everyone else. The hypocrisy and bias on here stinks.

Last edited:
He's from Bury. I am sure the people of Bury are cheering him along. Mason Mount is Chelsea blue but was born in the blue of Portsmouth on January 10, 1999. Pubs all over Pompey were packed to the rafters with Pompey fans chanting his name I bet. It isn't Pompey who they want to play up. It was Mason. And even further afield I am sure Kingston, Jamaica is proud as hell of their boy Raheem Sterling.

I am proud of the success of all the telly talent from Shields' like Joe McEldery (the only episode of the X Factor I ever watched was the final), Sarah Millican and Chris Ramsey. I was even proud of Steve Simonsen who played for Tranmere Rovers in my one and only game I saw at Roker Park and was happy his team won 1-0 in the pouring rain on Sunday March 5, 1995. That was a consolation to me. It is only natural we think about where a sports, music or TV personality comes from. It's a nice thing to think about. It makes us proud. But don't go overboard.

So anything you disagree with about what Sunderland supporters do is being a mag is it? Must we all be indoctrinated with the iodelogies of Sunderland supporters? Once upon a time they used to like to throw season tickets on the pitch if they wanted a manager gone. Or they liked to walk about before the hour. Is that something we had to agree with them doing?

I had a whole list of people on Ignore. Yet I was told to rise above it and laugh it off rather than stick on Ignore. Due to my good nature and because I am a soft touch and a fool I agreed. I have never regretted anything in my life more than bowing to the advice of the SMB. I will be piutting right a great wrong. I am going to re-establish an Ignore list with anyone who dares insult, humiliate or embarass me.

The SMB is a case of one rule for one (me) and another for everyone else. The hypocrisy and bias on here stinks.
I know he’s from Bury,I was just taking the Mick out of the Mags,anyone that plays for them suddenly turns into a adopted Geordie

So just like when Russell Crowe was captured and sent to slavery playing gladiator for some shit third rate team in the middle of nowhere.. he did canny and ended up back in Rome!

Doesn’t matter to be honest. Both excellent yesterday and often are. Proud of both of them.

I still cling to the hope we will see Hendo back at some point to finish his career

Back