The Mandalorian.

Just finished Ahsoka.
Not bad. But tbh I don't really know her story. Only just started watching the Clone Wars show with the eldest now she's watched films 4,5,6 and 1,2,3. So at a guess, that will fill in all the blanks

But that aside, considering it was only green-lit for a single season, and we have no idea if there will be a second, it felt quite "meh" at the end. Nothing is resolved.

Mind, as someone who considers himself a Star Wars fan, I had no idea who Thrawn was, why he was in another Galaxy, and why we're even talking about other galaxies when those sorts of distances are just insane.

Just finished Ahsoka.
Not bad. But tbh I don't really know her story. Only just started watching the Clone Wars show with the eldest now she's watched films 4,5,6 and 1,2,3. So at a guess, that will fill in all the blanks

But that aside, considering it was only green-lit for a single season, and we have no idea if there will be a second, it felt quite "meh" at the end. Nothing is resolved.

Mind, as someone who considers himself a Star Wars fan, I had no idea who Thrawn was, why he was in another Galaxy, and why we're even talking about other galaxies when those sorts of distances are just insane.
Clone wars and Rebels as well as some of the books fill a lot in. Probably a film spin off and possibly another series too. It’s obviously ended with the intention of continuing the story.

Clone wars and Rebels as well as some of the books fill a lot in. Probably a film spin off and possibly another series too. It’s obviously ended with the intention of continuing the story.
Yeah, it did. But then writers strikers and all that happened. Which has historically ruined a lot of good TV Shows over the years.

Just finished Ashoka enjoyed it and thanks to those that recommended Rebels watched that aswell and thought it was good even for a cartoon.

Heres the ever brutal honest trailers, noticed the arm crossing when watching not so much the sighing

Ahsoka

Mandalorian

starting to think the Empire carpet bombed Mandalore to stop them saying "this is the way"

Just finished Ashoka enjoyed it and thanks to those that recommended Rebels watched that aswell and thought it was good even for a cartoon.

Heres the ever brutal honest trailers, noticed the arm crossing when watching not so much the sighing

Ahsoka

Mandalorian

starting to think the Empire carpet bombed Mandalore to stop them saying "this is the way"
:lol: :lol: "Is that a stingray trying to eat Tony the Tiger?"
:lol: Jumping The Whale. Frighteningly accurate.

Last edited:
Shame that fella who couldn't decide to be a Jedi or Sith died IRL. Could have been an interesting arc if they made another couple of seasons of Ahsoka

I am getting a little sick of them dotting around all over the place with these 1 season shows for each character. Wish it was more linear tbh

Just finished Ahsoka.

We're watching it at the moment. I don't know their story as I haven't watched any of the cartoons, but the Chinese lady who behaves as if she is about 13 years old is very annoying and the fact that she is the only person ever to survive being stabbed with a light sabre really grates. In fact I'd have stopped watching at that point if the missus wasn't really enjoying it...

Start wars series have been very hit and miss.

Andor has been brilliant so far though and I really hope that continues.

Shame that fella who couldn't decide to be a Jedi or Sith died IRL. Could have been an interesting arc if they made another couple of seasons of Ahsoka

I am getting a little sick of them dotting around all over the place with these 1 season shows for each character. Wish it was more linear tbh
I’ve struggled with the timelines. I thought this was before Mandalorian but it must be after because of Elspeth being killed off.

But in my head it was the same era as Kenobi and Andor. I think it is because it follows the clone wars and those characters but is after the battle of Endor. To me the characters fit in that era but that is wrong.

I’ve struggled with the timelines. I thought this was before Mandalorian but it must be after because of Elspeth being killed off.

But in my head it was the same era as Kenobi and Andor. I think it is because it follows the clone wars and those characters but is after the battle of Endor. To me the characters fit in that era but that is wrong.
Pretty much runs alongside/just after the last mandalorian season I think
She’s not the only survivor, I’m happy with all the series but one thing is grating on me is that they are making a lightsaber stab less impactful, several fakeout deaths in the Kenobi series with it, the grand inquisitor, Reva etc as well as this one so it’s losing its impact along with Mauls comeback in the cartoons etc
but the Chinese lady who behaves as if she is about 13 years old is very annoying and the fact that she is the only person ever to survive being stabbed with a light sabre really grates.

Last edited:
Pretty much runs alongside/just after the last mandalorian season I think
She’s not the only survivor, I’m happy with all the series but one thing is grating on me is that they are making a lightsaber stab less impactful, several fakeout deaths in the Kenobi series with it, the grand inquisitor, Reva etc as well as this one so it’s losing its impact along with Mauls comeback in the cartoons etc
I suppose it’s potentially force related, overcoming death etc ( albeit that was Sith and this character is not exactly strong with the force). I imagine any wound is immediately cauterised by a lightsaber mind.

I suppose it’s potentially force related, overcoming death etc ( albeit that was Sith and this character is not exactly strong with the force). I imagine any wound is immediately cauterised by a lightsaber mind.
Aye just think old Qui Gonn would be peeved seeing every other bugger come back from it!

Just after a bit of advice from you folks, I've seen the Bo Katan black series helmet at about half price, a total steal imho.
Do you think my son would appreciate it for Christmas?
I've already bought him Ashoka's lightsabers :lol:

I’m 46 and if someone bought me anything like that from the original trilogy, I’d be made up.
Star Wars Hasbro The Black Series Bo-Katan Kryze Premium Electronic Helmet, The Mandalorian Roleplay Collectible, Toys Ages 14 and Up https://amzn.eu/d/drplXFi

Fuck it, I've ordered it for him.......it'll probably end up as an ornament but what a cool ornament it will be :cool: :lol:
When's it back on the telly?
Probably next year Joe Joe, it may be the year after though as there was the writers strike and bit all was being made xx

Last edited:
Probably next year Joe Joe, it may be the year after though as there was the writers strike and bit all was being made xx
don't think there's been any clues as to the next mando series, they've often talked about how filoni will tie mando & ahsoka up together but then that might be the big screen movie(s) that are rumoured.

i think january is when skelton crew (with jude law) is out... [i'm guessing this series will get pelters off old skool fans]. the next one after that was supposed to be the acolyte [high republic era stuff], interesting cast list but that's gone all quiet. think the second & final andor series is due August 2024, but as i never finished series 1 i don't know if i'll bother.
Think the next Star Wars tv was gonna be Skeleton crew but looks severely delayed
the filming for that 'officially' ended january this year, weird that there's been nothing about it since - im guessing the various strikes have played havoc somewhere.

Last edited:

Back