The Male Menopause

I m 62 and didn’t have any real issues . Bringing up the kids , career , paying the bills I ve always kept myself busy . Oh and I keep myself fit - same weight as I was at 21 (. 12:6 now you ask).

It’s nice to gain life’s experiences and it’s even nicer that younger folk will ask for advice and guidance .

Advancing years brings you to think about your own mortality - I ve lost so many people who I miss deeply but I ve got my family which I cherish like nothing else.

Stay positive keep fit and don’t take either yourself or life too seriously.

Not for much longer .....
good post.

Men have it worse when it comes to ups and downs of hormones. But we just get on with it.

Hello Everyone,

Ive been thinking quite a lot lately about the Male menopause and the horrible side effects that go with it.Lads at work and friends of a certain age all suffer from the same types of issues in one form or another which I personally put down to the dramatic fall in testosterone in their bodies.

Symptoms are;

Weight gain.
Poor sleep pattern.
Moobs.
Depression of some degree or another.
Distinct lack of sex drive.
Lazy.

and a general downward spiral from mid 40;s onwards.Obvs there is other factors at play for the above but the male menopause is a real thing thats brushed under the carry for some silly reason.

Personally this hasn't happened to me yet as I use exercise and lifting heavy weights to keep this at bay, both now and in the future.Its a subject women grab all the headlines on but I think it should be spoke about more in society and amongst men in general.

Im interested in peoples experiences/treatments etc on this matter.

All of those things are the fault of the woman.

Making him unhealthy bait, not letting him go to the gym cos she's worried he will peeve, nagging, putting on weight so he doesn't fancy her.

Last edited:
Men have it worse when it comes to ups and downs of hormones. But we just get on with it.

All of those things are the fault of the woman.

Making him unhealthy bait, not letting him go to the gym cos she's worried he will peeve, nagging, putting on weight so he doesn't fancy her.
id chuck our lass over the Juliet balcony if ever she did one or more of those things.

Back