The Male Menopause

Hello Everyone,

Ive been thinking quite a lot lately about the Male menopause and the horrible side effects that go with it.Lads at work and friends of a certain age all suffer from the same types of issues in one form or another which I personally put down to the dramatic fall in testosterone in their bodies.

Symptoms are;

Weight gain.
Poor sleep pattern.
Moobs.
Depression of some degree or another.
Distinct lack of sex drive.
Lazy.

and a general downward spiral from mid 40;s onwards.Obvs there is other factors at play for the above but the male menopause is a real thing thats brushed under the carry for some silly reason.

Personally this hasn't happened to me yet as I use exercise and lifting heavy weights to keep this at bay, both now and in the future.Its a subject women grab all the headlines on but I think it should be spoke about more in society and amongst men in general.

Im interested in peoples experiences/treatments etc on this matter.

Ya fucka, man flu is bad enough
Hello Everyone,

Ive been thinking quite a lot lately about the Male menopause and the horrible side effects that go with it.Lads at work and friends of a certain age all suffer from the same types of issues in one form or another which I personally put down to the dramatic fall in testosterone in their bodies.

Symptoms are;

Weight gain.
Poor sleep pattern.
Moobs.
Lazy.

and a general downward spiral from mid 40;s onwards.Obvs there is other factors at play for the above but the male menopause is a real thing thats brushed under the carry for some silly reason.

Personally this hasn't happened to me yet as I use exercise and lifting heavy weights to keep this at bay, both now and in the future.Its a subject women grab all the headlines on but I think it should be spoke about more in society and amongst men in general.

Personally this hasn't happened to me yet as I use exercise, lifting heavy weights and steroids to keep this at bay, both now and in the future.Its a subject women grab all the headlines on but I think it should be spoke about more in society and amongst men in general.

:eek:

Hello Everyone,

Symptoms are;

Weight gain.
Poor sleep pattern.
Moobs.
Lazy.

That's horrific. I'm so sorry men have to go through such hardship. Life is cruel at times.

Still got your kitchen island etc to keep you happy
its for my little lady that mate. she always wanted a house with a sea view, island and a mixer tap for some strange reason.
I hope you're being sarcastic. Unless there's a war I'm pretty sure on balance women have it worse
its not about who has it worse mate its about acknowledging the issue in men.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

Symptoms are;

Weight gain.
Poor sleep pattern.
Moobs.
Lazy.

This thread on top of the loveless marriage carry on, you ok x

Hello Everyone,

Symptoms are;

Weight gain.
Poor sleep pattern.
Moobs.
Lazy.

They’re actually the effects of lifestyle rather than a decrease in testosterone, the fall is actually quite slow and not “dramatic” as you put it.

I m 62 and didn’t have any real issues . Bringing up the kids , career , paying the bills I ve always kept myself busy . Oh and I keep myself fit - same weight as I was at 21 (. 12:6 now you ask).

It’s nice to gain life’s experiences and it’s even nicer that younger folk will ask for advice and guidance .

Advancing years brings you to think about your own mortality - I ve lost so many people who I miss deeply but I ve got my family which I cherish like nothing else.

Stay positive keep fit and don’t take either yourself or life too seriously.
The OP is on the blob.

Not for much longer .....

Back