The Magical Moeen appreciation thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw an astonishing statistic on social media - and thought, instead of sharing it in usual channels, I would start a thread dedicated to the beard that should be feared.

No need to get too heavy on this - but every time he does something magical, I'm going to give it a bump.

Anyway, here is the stat doing the rounds. This is an ALL-TIME stat too - not a new one despite the heavy bias to contemporary players.

Most wickets in 4th inns of Tests won by England:
  • MM Ali 52 @ 18.19
  • JM Anderson 52 @ 22.48
  • SCJ Broad 48 @ 22.79
  • RCD Willis 35 @ 15.77

Talk about a match-winner, eh...

Oooof - and another. Best post-war strike rate for a match-winning spinner? Warne perhaps? Mulli? Maybe Graeme Swann?

No, it's Moeen: Bowling records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPNcricinfo

Last edited:

He's looked a lot better while working with a quality coach like Saqlain.

And having his mate Adil with him.

I think when push comes to shove, he's going to have to find a way of dealing with being the only spinner, at least in England.

Though why the ECB won't give Saqlain a proper full-time contract remains a mystery to all. Without fail, when he's with the team the spinners bowl better. Not just Mo - all of them.

Hope not, at least for his county career as he seemed a decent bowler and could have been a good option on bouncy pitches. It is no coincidence that Mark Wood has a similar approach as Simon Jones and I was worried that his bowling would go the same way with injuries.
This lad was coming on and got a stress fracture

Henry Brooks of Warwickshire

I think he will be massively helped by having Leach in the side, as when he has asked to bowl tight is when he really starts to struggle

As you say his greatest attribute is his strike rate, and if Leach could bowl tight this would allow him to keep attacking

Needs to sort his batting out mind, was awful in Sri Lanka, he is going to average under 30 soon and he is a lot better than that

love the bloke mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back