The London thread

It's horrible.
So is the hoppings but the bairn seems to have a good time. I’m guessing this is the same vibe but trying to import that European Christmas vibe? Nine quid for one go of a roller coaster brought in from Munich seems a bit steep… presume the pints are even more expensive?

I've never been, as it doesn't appeal. Why is it horrible?
So is the hoppings but the bairn seems to have a good time. I’m guessing this is the same vibe but trying to import that European Christmas vibe? Nine quid for one go of a roller coaster brought in from Munich seems a bit steep… presume the pints are even more expensive?
Loads of twenty odd year olds go to get pissed there.

If you want to go I'd suggest around 4pm on a weekday

Is that at the tower bridge end, or the London eye end?
Eye end, the bit outside the Southbank centre in between Waterloo and Westminster Bridge. It’s not big like Hyde Park, but it’s free and the same kind of stuff. No dodgems or drunk teens.
Eye
Susrpsingly mate canary wharf if very christmasy. Ice rink. Lights all over. I'm taking the girls up i a couple of weeks.
The London Clique did Canary Wharf Ice Rink about 14 years ago for my birthday. I have a memory of @Epping getting rather pissed and falling over a lot. It was surprisingly great fun and a lovely log fire/Scandi hut afterwards.

Last edited:
Eye end, the bit outside the Southbank centre in between Waterloo and Westminster Bridge. It’s not big like Hyde Park, but it’s free and the same kind of stuff. No dodgems or drunk teens.
What she says. Then you can skip over to regent St to see some amazing lights

The London Clique did Canary Wharf Ice Rink about 14 years ago for my birthday. I have a memory of @Epping getting rather pissed and falling over a lot. It was surprisingly great fun and a lovely log fire/Scandi hut afterwards.
Yeah they're doing the same on the green next to the ivy. The wharf is actually lovely now.

Last edited:
What she says. Then you can skip over to regent St to see some amazing lights

Yeah they're doing the same on the green next to the ivy. The wharf is actually lovely now.
While we’re on the topic, I have the day off on me birthday this year and am going to do the South Bank market, followed by dinner and theatre (Hamilton,Victoria). Was planning on going to the Laughing Gravy as it’s a fave, it’s in the area and we don’t get out much anyway, but if you or anyone has any other recommendations, I’d happily take a look.

While we’re on the topic, I have the day off on me birthday this year and am going to do the South Bank market, followed by dinner and theatre (Hamilton,Victoria). Was planning on going to the Laughing Gravy as it’s a fave, it’s in the area and we don’t get out much anyway, but if you or anyone has any other recommendations, I’d happily take a look.
Roast.

How do you describe that place?
The Laughing Gravy? Lovely little restaurant, great feel, cosy, amazing food, cracking wine. Never has a bad meal there. The kind of place I can sit and take hours and a decent bottle of wine over.
I work there too tbf. Happy to gove you any tips and whatnot. Also 20m dlt from Greenwich which is more christmassy than Santa's underpants.
Has Greenwich got a decent Xmas market?

The Laughing Gravy? Lovely little restaurant, great feel, cosy, amazing food, cracking wine. Never has a bad meal there. The kind of place I can sit and take hours and a decent bottle of wine over.

Has Greenwich got a decent Xmas market?
Not so much a Xmas market per se just the market that's there permanently. Obviously they start selling mulled wine and stuff but they do hang lights and decorations. It's pretty stunning. Sometimes some stalls next to the cutty sark and there's a kids roundabout carousel thing. It's very pretty.

Back