The Loan From The Dell Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. I’ve been almost alone on here for nigh on 20yrs now banging the drum for fan ownership. We’d live within our means and at any time be where WE the FANS deserved because of our own decisions. If thats the league we’re in now or one or two higher or lower who gives a fuck? It’s the journey that counts because the destination is nivver ever reached because the football is nivver ever over.
It’s supposed to be fun and rich men losing millions or trying to make even more isn’t my idea of fun.

I was looking back over posts from 2011 saying Quinny needed a knighthood for bringing Short in, how he managed to convince him football was the thing to put money into was way beyond anything I can comprehend.

There is no evidence that any of the loan has been touched, that’s if you believe what Stewart Donald told the fans’ groups a couple of times.

It always looked like a face-saving gesture and if he doesn’t want to be beholden to them, he just won’t access it, enabling him to pay it back anytime. Hope I’m wrong mind.

Last edited:
There is no evidence that any of the loan has been touched, that’s if you believe what Stewart told the fans’ groups a couple of times.

It always looked like a face-saving gesture and if he doesn’t want to be beholden to them, he just won’t access it, enabling him to pay it back anytime. Hope I’m wrong mind.

In what sense?

Well, if he’s used some of the loan, it gives FPP some bargaining power, that is if they are at all sill remotely interested.

Well what value would you put on us as a club, I doubt we'd have the Dragons fighting to buy into us even if it was a mere £1 million.

Can you give us a run down of players bought over the past year or so and the money brought in and your forecast for the next 3 years.

'You've missed the boat mate, I'm out'
'As much as I love the fan base and the potential that has, I just don't see that as an investment, I'm out'
'I cannot see how I can get a potential return, I'm out'.
'£3M for Will Grigg, I cannot see me being a business partner and for that reason, fuck off'. :lol:

Agreed. I’ve been almost alone on here for nigh on 20yrs now banging the drum for fan ownership. We’d live within our means and at any time be where WE the FANS deserved because of our own decisions. If thats the league we’re in now or one or two higher or lower who gives a fuck? It’s the journey that counts because the destination is nivver ever reached because the football is nivver ever over.
It’s supposed to be fun and rich men losing millions or trying to make even more isn’t my idea of fun.
I know what you're saying and I agree if the fans owned the club and it was ran within it means would be a great idea....but I for one have had enough of this rubbish football at this level and refs are shocking anarl

I’m not sure they’ll call in their marker in this unique time. Financially everything is in limbo from top to bottom. You’ll not see homes being Put into foreclosure due to non payment of mortgage or car repossession for the same reason. I believe everyone will have to ride this out together.
Just my view btw.

No disagreement from me that in an ideal world that would be the best way to be ran.
however. The plan may fall apart at the fact our fanbase cant agree on red socks or black socks for our strip. Some want to change the badge, some don't, some don’t give a shite.
some want the old music before games, some want new.
some want coors and carling gone from the pints menu. Some don’t.
we can’t decide on the things that don’t really matter so how could we be trusted to decide on a few to make the decisions on our behalf without a certain section going nuts.
Its a mint idea in theory. In reality we wouldn’t be able to decide what colour the nets were without friction.

I know what you're saying and I agree if the fans owned the club and it was ran within it means would be a great idea....but I for one have had enough of this rubbish football at this level and refs are shocking anarl
Wow do you know we’d be at this level?
No disagreement from me that in an ideal world that would be the best way to be ran.
however. The plan may fall apart at the fact our fanbase cant agree on red socks or black socks for our strip. Some want to change the badge, some don't, some don’t give a shite.
some want the old music before games, some want new.
some want coors and carling gone from the pints menu. Some don’t.
we can’t decide on the things that don’t really matter so how could we be trusted to decide on a few to make the decisions on our behalf without a certain section going nuts.
Its a mint idea in theory. In reality we wouldn’t be able to decide what colour the nets were without friction.
Do you think everyone votes for the same thing at Barca, Madrid, Bayern etc?

Last edited:
There is no evidence that any of the loan has been touched, that’s if you believe what Stewart Donald told the fans’ groups a couple of times.

Let's find out, I think @prehab26 might work at the academy.

Has that lift been sorted out yet?

Loans dont work like that. There will be interest on the initial loan, early repayment charges, other clauses. People dont just loan people 10m then only expect 10m back.

They came across as utterly desperate in that series and the situation will only have gotten worse for them since. Any potential investors will know they are there for the taking imo

This.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back