The Like Button

As much as I would be fine with it I do think it wouldn't be good for the forum as a whole.

If you're going to be negative you have to atleast put the effort in to explain why you are being negative.

And the arguments that would be started by it.... I find it pitiful as it is whenever someone brings up likes but you know people are gonna be bringing up dislikes left right and centre.

It would be nice to have a trial though, just to get a glimpse of the carnage caused.
Agreed. Some people pick up stalkers who comment on every post for no reason. I can imagine some people putting in shifts to dislike every post someone makes. It will become a form of bullying and intimidation.

Just like the like button then.
I dont see that. Someone does not click like on a post does not mean that much. Someone clicking dislike is an active but hidden complaint at a post. If 10 people set out to bully and agree never to like the posts of a certain poster, I doubt they would notice. If they disliked every post, that is systematic bullying.

I dont see that. Someone does not click like on a post does not mean that much. Someone clicking dislike is an active but hidden complaint at a post. If 10 people set out to bully and agree never to like the posts of a certain poster, I doubt they would notice. If they disliked every post, that is systematic bullying.

Theres no problem not liking the posts of a poster, why would anybody get annoyed at that?

The problem is liking abusive posts. That is an active decision.

Fair enough, I see that point. I don’t think a dislike button would be better

Dislike is just one of the various reactions available from the reaction button - could be "Love", "Funny", "Wow" etc. The point is people would have to put more thought into it.

Back