The Like Button

Would be brilliant fun :lol:
As much as I would be fine with it I do think it wouldn't be good for the forum as a whole.

If you're going to be negative you have to atleast put the effort in to explain why you are being negative.

And the arguments that would be started by it.... I find it pitiful as it is whenever someone brings up likes but you know people are gonna be bringing up dislikes left right and centre.

It would be nice to have a trial though, just to get a glimpse of the carnage caused.

As much as I would be fine with it I do think it wouldn't be good for the forum as a whole.

If you're going to be negative you have to atleast put the effort in to explain why you are being negative.

And the arguments that would be started by it.... I find it pitiful as it is whenever someone brings up likes but you know people are gonna be bringing up dislikes left right and centre.

It would be nice to have a trial though, just to get a glimpse of the carnage caused.

You can be negative with the like button, liking scurrilous abusive posts, @Epping is a pastmaster at this. What is happening at the moment is passive aggressive types using it for bully boy tactics.

Thats the whole problem, so your point is negated.
So let's get this straight.....
You don't like the like button cos it encourages bullying, but in favour of a dislike button?

And you try & tell us you're not a WUM/troll? Give owa man!!!!

A full range of reactions is what I am in favour of, I think that will solve the problem.

You can be negative with the like button, liking scurrilous abusive posts, @Epping is a pastmaster at this. What is happening at the moment is passive aggressive types using it for bully boy tactics.

A full range of reactions is what I am in favour of, I think that will solve the problem.

What problem?
Negative reactions would be carnage.

I but imagine having a back and forth with someone man.... it's gonna be dislike, comment, dislike, comment, dislike, comment ad nauseum.

It's pointless

What problem?
Negative reactions would be carnage.

what we have now is carnage, a full range of reactions as per the software would solve the issue

edit - dont forget also the posts which are specifically designed to get a like and drags the whole forum down
I but imagine having a back and forth with someone man.... it's gonna be dislike, comment, dislike, comment, dislike, comment ad nauseum.

It's pointless

If it solves the like button issue it is far from pointless, pretty essential I'd have thought.

Last edited:
what we have now is carnage, a full range of reactions as per the software would solve the issue

edit - dont forget also the posts which are specifically designed to get a like and drags the whole forum down

No its isn't carnage now, and you honestly don't think a negative button would be a problem? :eek:

And as for post that are designed for likes and bring down forum, errrm this whole thread you created is exactly that :lol:

No its isn't carnage now, and you honestly don't think a negative button would be a problem? :eek:

And as for post that are designed for likes and bring down forum, errrm this whole thread you created is exactly that :lol:

There has been plenty of interesting and thought provoking discussion on this thread, not sure what point you are trying to make.

Back