The Libertines…

I just found it a bit depressing. A life mostly wasted through drug addiction. I still don't believe he's telling the truth about what happened that night in Whitechapel either.
I think his quality of life now is beyond anything he could've imagined for himself in the late 2000's. I doubt Pete as an addict was much different to any other life that's been ruined by the hard stuff.

The whitechapel interview was really interesting, he's never shyed away from commenting on it when asked. I believe people there know more about what happened but I don't believe Pete had actually pushed someone to their death and fled the scene. I think most addicts carrying class A drugs would've fucked off knowing the Police were coming. That being said, we'll never know unless something comes out in the wash. He to this day doesn't speak very highly of Blanco and it could just be how I've read into it but if I'd known I was responsible for something like that I don't think i'd be calling him an arsehole on TV years and years later.

Doherty seemed very different in the parts of the show where Theroux had gone to see him in his cottage compared to the parts in his studio. It's great that the Libertines are looking to make music again but going off what we saw playing gigs doesn't seem to be the best environment for him. You'd think he'd be better off keeping a low profile in France with his family. It came across that wouldn't be the life for him on the show, but he's been living it a while now.

Saw them at Leeds in 2002 with Doherty and Barat going at each other during the set. They were great though, piping hot and full of potato. The next year they were on the main stage but Doherty had gone. With just Barat and the bigger stage it was like watching a different band. I never got into Babyshambles, they just seemed to be a trade on Doherty's notoriety at the time.

From mid 2002 - mid 2004 I was really quite obsessed with them, to a level I don't think I have with any other band. Used to chat on the Boys In The Band forum where PD posted too.

They absolutely fell off a cliff with their 2nd album though, and I have never listened to anything they have released since then.

From mid 2002 - mid 2004 I was really quite obsessed with them, to a level I don't think I have with any other band. Used to chat on the Boys In The Band forum where PD posted too.

They absolutely fell off a cliff with their 2nd album though, and I have never listened to anything they have released since then.

Don't know if it's the same forum but a lass I know from up Crammy way on was absolutely obsessed with PD during the early Babyshambles days. She was going down to his flat in London for "flat gigs" and all sorts. I think PD or his manager/Wolfman? was on a forum asking for old laptops and shit as an entry fee and all sorts.

Don't know if it's the same forum but a lass I know from up Crammy way on was absolutely obsessed with PD during the early Babyshambles days. She was going down to his flat in London for "flat gigs" and all sorts. I think PD or his manager/Wolfman? was on a forum asking for old laptops and shit as an entry fee and all sorts.
Wolfman was his old manager yeah. Those flat gigs looked and sounded absolutely mental from what you can read about them online.

Always been a fan of Doherty's music but after watching that Channel 4 documentary it did change my view on him slightly.

He says that nobody at the party saw what happened, yet an FBI expert who analysed the CCTV footage said that there was definitely another person on the balcony with Mark just before he fell. What concerns me is that Pete has always insisted his death wasn't a result of foul play. If he didn't see what happened, how can he be so sure?

He's never been open-minded to the possibility that Mark was killed. It makes me question whether he's protecting somebody who doesn't deserve to be protected, or protecting himself. A female who was a guest at the party said that Pete, Headlock and Roundhill all went out onto the balcony with Mark, yet another female guest said that she couldn't account for the whereabouts of Headlock and Roundhill after they threw Mark out of the flat, which suggests that she could account for Pete's whereabouts. I don't think the full truth will ever be revealed.

Was superb wasnt it mate, to see them both together on the stage, and your right setlist was everything you could have wanted! So so good.
Absolutely class mate. The sound was really good too, they were much tighter than I was expecting :lol: Class that Pete was just wandering round in the pubs talking to fans as well. Great night all round.

Nah mate, we went back to the Black Market and then my sensible head kept telling me I was at work today :lol: I'm glad like cos i'm knackered as it is, christ knows what I'd be like now if I did!
Aye I was feeling it a bit this morn like - daughter woke me for lift to bus stop at 7am!
Drove past that Black Market yest looks decent

Back