"The Last Of Us" Tv series been cast

Bit of a anti-climax that ending. Suppose it's only following the game and sets you up for the next one, but aye, tad disappointing.

Brutal Joel mind int he.

However, I thought of a big ol' plot hole this morning. Marrrrrrleeeene (aw'right Del Boy) says it was a reet clart on getting across the country, and she doesn't know how Joel managed it. And yet she sent Ellie out there with him knowing they need her alive, for now. Wouldn't it have made more sense to try and smuggle their doctors into the Boston QZ where Ellie can be kept safe and sound????

Last edited:

Bit of a anti-climax that ending. Suppose it's only following the game and sets you up for the next one, but aye, tad disappointing.

Brutal Joel mind int he.

However, I thought of a big ol' plot hole this morning. Marrrrrrleeeene (aw'right Del Boy) says it was a reet clart on getting across the country, and she doesn't know how Joel managed it. And yet she sent Ellie out there with him knowing they need her alive, for now. Wouldn't it have made more sense to try and smuggle their doctors into the Boston QZ where Ellie can be kept safe and sound????
Needed all the operating theatre equipment I guess.
Can't perform brain surgery in the kitchen.

Brutal Joel mind int he.

Be a good game that mate. Waiting in a safe place for game characters to arrive. Game over!

Loved it and so true to the game. Always like a nice feature length final episode though especially as may not be until 2025 until we see the next season.

Would imagine they won’t stick with that storyline though for various reasons but mainly because of the popularity of Joel’s character. At what point in the game does the doctors daughter torture and kill him? They might use that as an ending for season 2 maybe? Although I would guess they don’t kill him at all
Got a feeling they’ll drag out it the second game plot over the next 2 seasons so I don’t think we’ll see the event you talk about till the end of season 2.

Absolutely fine if they go down that road as the second game is about 10 hours longer than the original.

i think, being someone who hadnt played the games, i'd assumed (looks like incorrectly) that there'd be more horror action and shroom zombies! It was more a emotional/personal piece, which is fine in itself. Id just expected more..........monsters! :lol:

i mean, humanity has been decimated, and everyones scared to go outside the town walls etc, but theres usually fuck all there!

i think, being someone who hadnt played the games, i'd assumed (looks like incorrectly) that there'd be more horror action and shroom zombies! It was more a emotional/personal piece, which is fine in itself. Id just expected more..........monsters! :lol:
Aye was lacking in tension and excitment for me as well which might go hand in hand with the lack of infected. Seemed every time they did manage to achieve that it was followed up by another slow episode. That's a decision the show has made btw the games were packed with horror action and shroom zombies as you put it.

Last edited:
read this on a different forum, its a good point.

"They shouldn't have tried to explain this. It leaves something glaring:
"It produces a kind of chemical messenger, it makes normal Cordyceps think that she's Cordyceps."-
Yet, the show established the infected don't attack their own. Ellie's been attacked by them several times.""
did they not mean it makes normal cordyceps think shes already infected, and therefore not try to infect her (as the parasite would try with an uninfected human)?
Thats why they say she can still get "torn apart" if theyre not careful

read this on a different forum, its a good point.

"They shouldn't have tried to explain this. It leaves something glaring:
"It produces a kind of chemical messenger, it makes normal Cordyceps think that she's Cordyceps."-
Yet, the show established the infected don't attack their own. Ellie's been attacked by them several times.""
That seems to be a straight copy-and-paste from World War Z. Unfortunately they didn’t copy the whole thing, Brad Pitt was canny once he injected the vial of disease stuff

did they not mean it makes normal cordyceps think shes already infected, and therefore not try to infect her (as the parasite would try with an uninfected human)?
Thats why they say she can still get "torn apart" if theyre not careful
why would they try and tear her apart though if they see her as one of their own.

why would they try and tear her apart though if they see her as one of their own.
i meant, once bitten, the fungus that tries to take over as parasite of the bitten human body, realises there's another in there and doesnt try to- kinda thing. so she can be bit, but nowt happens

i took it more that the parasite didnt try to take over (once inside after a bite) as there was already one there.

or, it could be a plot hole.
cos it would be boring otherwise, she could just gan anywhere without having to worry about it :lol:

i meant, once bitten, the fungus that tries to take over as parasite of the bitten human body, realises there's another in there and doesnt try to- kinda thing. so she can be bit, but nowt happens

i took it more that the parasite didnt try to take over (once inside after a bite) as there was already one there.

cos it would be boring otherwise, she could just gan anywhere without having to worry about it :lol:
That’s exactly how I understood it. But didn’t give it a second thought afterwards

yeah that makes sense, i guess! :lol:

Back