++++ The lads v Bristol rovers +++++

Status
Not open for further replies.
Phil Parkinson thanked ‘tremendous’ Sunderland fans after they sang his name during the Black Cats’ win over Bristol Rovers at the Stadium of Light.

There were calls for Parkinson’s head less than two months ago after his reign got off to a poor start, but since Boxing Day the Black Cats have won nine out of 12 games, climbed from 15th to fourth in the table, and moved to within three points of the summit.
And the turnaround in Sunderland’s fortunes has been reflected in the mood towards Parkinson on the terraces, with the Roker End singing ‘Parky, Parky, give us a wave’, and the manager responding with a clenched fist salute.

“It was great,” said Parkinson of the fans’ reaction.

“The supporters have been tremendous and I said to the lads before the game that it’s important that the intensity of our play is right, the closing down is right, the work ethic is there, because those elements are what have got the supporters right behind you and made this an enjoyable place for you to play.

This bloke deserves a lot of credit right now when he came nobody really wanted him had a shocking start during the Bolton game chants for he’s head which to be fair were about right now look at him he’s got the he players doing the right things and he’s now got the fans onside doing a brilliant job

This bloke deserves a lot of credit right now when he came nobody really wanted him had a shocking start during the Bolton game chants for he’s head which to be fair were about right now look at him he’s got the he players doing the right things and he’s now got the fans onside doing a brilliant job
All we ask really, a bit of organisation, team spirit and win your home games.

Done an fantastic job marra. I was one of the many that wanted him gone early on, excellent turnaround.

Wasn't impressed one bit with the appointment, but I think any half decent manager would get our club out of this league. Jack Ross was an abomination. If he get's us up I will give him the credit due to him.

Is there any footage of our 1st goal doing the rounds starting from McLaughlin having the ball, remember it being a good quick move wanted to see it again, all the highlights I've seen start way up the pitch

Not so sure. Looked to me as if CM got between the player and the ball and invited him to go through him. Too which he duly obliged

Lack of discipline by the BR player, or shithousery by CM?
More of the former inviting a deftly executed portion of the latter. About time we indulged in more of the dark arts. Teams have been shithousing us since we landed in the league.
Karma is a bastard.
We’re a proud club with standards, if you want poor morals join the mags.
Standards and morals don’t get you promoted. When in Rome do as the romans do. Only do it first. we will play footy when the other team wants a game of footy, we’ve proved that. If we come across a team that wants to dick around, we can do that also.

Last edited by a moderator:
More of the former inviting a deftly executed portion of the latter. About time we indulged in more of the dark arts. Teams have been shithousing us since we landed in the league.
Karma is a bastard.

Standards and morals don’t get you promoted. When in Rome do as the romans do. Only do it first. we will play footy when the other team wants a game of footy, we’ve proved that. If we come across a team that wants to dick around, we can do that also.

We were saying yesterday that Parkinson seems to have gotten the players a lot more streetwise for this league.
It happened to us all last season.

Karma is a bastard.

Na, we are Sunderland.
It was a red card, end of story. Read childrens books if you dont want your morals offended
That’s not what Sunderland are about.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back