++++ The lads v Bristol rovers +++++

Not so sure. Looked to me as if CM got between the player and the ball and invited him to go through him. Too which he duly obliged

Lack of discipline by the BR player, or shithousery by CM?

Both. Kind of thing that happens all over the pitch trying to incite the reaction and you have to be more aware of it tbh. Same as all the pushing and things, if you get the reaction you get the man advantage as maguire did today. Part of the game nowadays

Thoroughly enjoyed that today! Was nice to see Sunderland not only score but also win, as I’m normally the kiss of death the rare times I get down to see them.

Buffet King at the metro centre on the way up the road was outstanding too:D

Last edited:
Phil Parkinson thanked ‘tremendous’ Sunderland fans after they sang his name during the Black Cats’ win over Bristol Rovers at the Stadium of Light.

There were calls for Parkinson’s head less than two months ago after his reign got off to a poor start, but since Boxing Day the Black Cats have won nine out of 12 games, climbed from 15th to fourth in the table, and moved to within three points of the summit.
And the turnaround in Sunderland’s fortunes has been reflected in the mood towards Parkinson on the terraces, with the Roker End singing ‘Parky, Parky, give us a wave’, and the manager responding with a clenched fist salute.

“It was great,” said Parkinson of the fans’ reaction.

“The supporters have been tremendous and I said to the lads before the game that it’s important that the intensity of our play is right, the closing down is right, the work ethic is there, because those elements are what have got the supporters right behind you and made this an enjoyable place for you to play.

Last edited:
Not so sure. Looked to me as if CM got between the player and the ball and invited him to go through him. Too which he duly obliged

Lack of discipline by the BR player, or shithousery by CM?
In South Stand but looked like nastu retaliation to me. Hopefully it will be shown on Quest tonight. I thought a couple of unpleadsnt off the ball challenges by Bristol went unnoticed.
In South Stand but looked like nastu retaliation to me. Hopefully it will be shown on Quest tonight. I thought a couple of unpleadsnt off the ball challenges by Bristol went unnoticed.
Excuse my oversized fingers for spelling mistakes.

Last edited:
Just back home, had the eldest with me for a change and he was amazed at how Parky has turned things round since his last game.
Good match, our work rate and movement was very very good today.
Willis is just class, never flustered, always tidy.

Ref was appalling, totally inconsistent and didn't seem to have any sort of grip on the game.
I've not seen the replays, but I was very pleased to see Wyke score, think the whole ground went quiet as we half expected their keeper to get the ball.

Back