The king of the Fulwell End - Sammy Smith RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any reports about the “legendary” SAFC supporter and local character Sammy Chin’s welfare? Heard some sad news from a friend let’s hope it’s not true.Can anybody confirm.

Knew Sammy from games and later on. Being from Silky i used to see Sammy on jaunts down to Ryhope.

I have not heard this though, but if true...

RIP Sammy lad.

Sammy smith a hero of my youth will be sadly missed by us all.. A true roker park lad with who could of written a book 10000 pages thick with his exeploits following his beloverd sunderland... Never forgotton by the older generation ...R I P MATE from your old pal hutch.
One of several memories (and I have a few): a game in the 70s was called off on the morning of the match (snow on the ground 'think it was against one of the Bristol teams), because we were in the town anyway we decide to go and see the film Rollerball, which was showing at the ABC in Holmes idea. Just before the film starts Sammy comes in dressed in a butchers coat with scarf tied round his wrist, sits in the back row and starts singing Sunderland songs which him and his mates keep up all of the way through the film. Priceless memories. RIP.

Does anyone have a photo they could put on here of him? I’m sure it’s the bloke I’m thinking about but not 100%

E I E I E I O UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO, WHEN WE WIN PROMOTION THIS IS WHAT WE SING WE ALL LOVE YOU ETC, I WAS ONLY SAY 11/12 IN THE FULWELL,,, IS JUST BECOME APPARRENT CELTIC IS THE KING ,MEANS DAVIE CELTIC,,,, PLESE SOMEONE ENLIGHTEN ME ABOUT HIM ,APOLOGIES FOR CAPITALS BUT I,M NOT TYPING IT OUT AGAIN

You can't really miss Sammy chin to be fair.
:lol:he's called Sammy the Chin for a reason like

E I E I E I O UP THE FOOTBALL LEAGUE WE GO, WHEN WE WIN PROMOTION THIS IS WHAT WE SING WE ALL LOVE YOU ETC, I WAS ONLY SAY 11/12 IN THE FULWELL,,, IS JUST BECOME APPARRENT CELTIC IS THE KING ,MEANS DAVIE CELTIC,,,, PLESE SOMEONE ENLIGHTEN ME ABOUT HIM ,APOLOGIES FOR CAPITALS BUT I,M NOT TYPING IT OUT AGAIN
See Vauxie post about a dozen posts back

Last edited by a moderator:
Never been a fan of football violence.

However after lecturing my son at what bellends the scrawny stone island wearing tits outside the wheatshief looked i think a pasting off Sammy, which he was more than capable of would have taught them a decent lesson.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back