The king of the Fulwell End - Sammy Smith RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
We played Oldham away on Good Friday 1978 and we were drinking in a pub on the Rochdale Rd.

Sammy was acting himself a bit and eventually the landlord had enough of him.

It must have taken 20 minutes before he finally persuaded him to leave the pub, at which point the barman let out a sigh of relief.

Within seconds Sammy appears behind the bar to the cheers of all of us.

:lol::lol:

My Uncle Joe and my Dad Norman
Alreet young lad,I know you

I was with them and we were attacked walking down a long road to the ground, didn't end well for the locals.
I was there that day in the bluebird club sat on same table as RK, BB etc.
Lots of trouble that day before,during and after.
We took their club but not their end,they were game as owt.
Same bus as Sammy.
Aye was a long road up to their ground

My Uncle Joe and my Dad Norman
Know your dad well

Can we use this thread as a Sammy stories cumulative ( it seems to have started for some).

Not enough time atm but have plenty of my own with him & Shef will remind you all (& me) of plenty others.

RIP Sammy, once known never forgotten

Is his brother ( Peter?) still around
Was Herbie and Jimmy didnt know a Peter.
Away game once Sam organised the bus,left fron suddick.
His ma had put the sarnies up so we went to Knox square to get them.
His ma had nee bags she pulled an old case out from under the stairs empties it out and hoyed the sarnies in

Last edited:
I remember most of the 1970's away stories with Sammy that's been posted on here.
@Vauxie - I missed the Cardiff away game - can't remember why like - as I always travelled with Tommy Lynn to the away games.
I remember Sammy down at Norwich in this pub - as per usual up on the table top singing "Tell Laura I love her" - he was pissed as a fart - and fell off the f***ing thing, smashing glasses etc on the table and adjoining tables on his way down onto the floor. He got up, dusted himself down with the broken glass, fag ends from the ash-tray etc, and jumped up onto the pool table - and continued:lol::lol:

Happy days, - R.I.P. Sammy

Alreet young lad,I know you

I was there that day in the bluebird club sat on same table as RK, BB etc.
Lots of trouble that day before,during and after.
We took their club but not their end,they were game as owt.
Same bus as Sammy.
Aye was a long road up to their ground

Know your dad well

Was Herbie and Jimmy didnt know a Peter.
Away game once Sam organised the bus,left fron suddick.
His ma had put the sarnies up so we went to Knox square to get them.
His ma had nee bags she pulled an old case out from under the stairs empties it out and hoyed the sarnies in

You are correct- Herbie & Jimmy

Getting my names mixed with FW :rolleyes:

RIP Sammy, many memories stirred last few days here, brought back the days when we had many ‘lads’ each estate seemed to have a crew, Farra, Red House, Southwick Grangetown etc etc etc , also Seaham Peterlee etc etc, we would all form a big army at away games, and if owt was happening here word quickly spread long before mobiles.happy days indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back