The Keepers - Netflix True Crime documentary

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was well done I thought and it seems entirely possible that the priest was somehow involved in Sister Cathy's death. The way that the church closed rank was horrendous but not at all surprising.

That old fella they spoke to ( one of the womens ex's ) who came home covered in blood back then was 100% involved, you would think at his advanced age he's want to come clean

Deliver Us From Evil is the other documentary I was talking about, same sort of story ( minus the covered up murder )
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0814075/

I don't think he was entirely 'there' to be honest. But giving that necklace to his then wife points at some involvement.

I haven't seen that other documentary. I can highly recommend Team Foxcatcher on Netflix if you haven't seen it.

Finished watching this last night and thought it was really well done, horrible story like and I'm sure there are 100's more like it within catholic schools around the world. Not an easy watch by any stretch , reminded me of another doc I watched which I forget the name of with the priest who abused loads of boys and was passed from church to church. Irish fella he was I think or he pissed off to Ireland anyway, wanted to meet up with the kids he's abused at the end :neutral:
I've seen that one as well. Pretty grim viewing.

I don't think he was entirely 'there' to be honest. But giving that necklace to his then wife points at some involvement.

I haven't seen that other documentary. I can highly recommend Team Foxcatcher on Netflix if you haven't seen it.

I've seen Team Fox Catcher, the film and every thing about it, I'm into watching MMA so the Schultz name was big to me with their success

Tried watching but found it hard going, only managed one and a half episodes, wife has been watching it as she finds it quite interesting.

I've seen Team Fox Catcher, the film and every thing about it, I'm into watching MMA so the Schultz name was big to me with their success
I saw the documentary first and thought it was far superior to the film which for me managed to make something fascinating rather tedious.

I saw the documentary first and thought it was far superior to the film which for me managed to make something fascinating rather tedious.

The film was slow moving but I thought Steve Carrell did an amazing job of portraying Du Pont, the 30 for 30 doc is the best to watch on the history of what went on like

The film was slow moving but I thought Steve Carrell did an amazing job of portraying Du Pont, the 30 for 30 doc is the best to watch on the history of what went on like
Really? I thought Steve Carell and his fake nose were dreadful. But then, I'm not a huge fan of his anyway. Haven't heard of the other documentary.

I liked the woman who got in to see Brennan and had the good grace to see there was nothing in him and so didn't beat the shit out of him as I, a lesser person would have done

I liked the woman who got in to see Brennan and had the good grace to see there was nothing in him and so didn't beat the shit out of him as I, a lesser person would have done

Watched that episode last night and thought the same thing. Hopefully get the last three finished this weekend.

Just finished it. From viewing but glad I watched it. My wife's catholic (no) and I think it's got her questioning her faith :lol:

Just finished it. From viewing but glad I watched it. My wife's catholic (no) and I think it's got her questioning her faith :lol:
Grim viewing not from viewing! Bastard autocorrect.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back