The Hundred - Free tickets

That’s irrelevant, you mockingly questioned that it had been said, you called it ‘rumour’. Fact is, it wasn’t rumour. An outgoing ECB chairman said it. The concern is he’s not alone.
I'd give equal credence to rumour and the personal output of an outgoing chairman......... '“This is just my opinion, but I would like them to look at that"

Yes and no.

The games are good but the boundaries are ridiculously short.

Crowds are good but most of them are there on freebies,

Long story short; It’s just the Blast in different kits.

And more money put into marketing.

If you strip away everything else, the cricket itself has been fine. It doesn't offer anything different to T20/Blast though, like you've said.

The worst thing about it has been the Goebbels levels of propaganda during the broadcast. That and Pietersen's commentary.

And more money put into marketing.

If you strip away everything else, the cricket itself has been fine. It doesn't offer anything different to T20/Blast though, like you've said.

The worst thing about it has been the Goebbels levels of propaganda during the broadcast. That and Pietersen's commentary.
That along with the “Hundred is for everyone” mantra.

I can’t see what makes it different to T20 other than the stupid no over rule?

Crisp company’s marketing on every kit. What a hypocritical thing to do when cigarettes and betting are going or have gone the distance.

The worst thing is that the players and broadcasters have sold their souls and are now trying to brainwash the non-believers.

Oh, and fuck off KP.

I’m not a fan on the T20 format to start with but I have put the hundred on a few times now to see what it’s like and it is painful, what a waste of money. The commentary teams are horrendous and I’m not seeing anything special cricket wise.

Bring on the test series. Be nice to see some class players and decent commentary. Just next time put it on free to air and I’m sure it will do a better job attracting folk than this load of shit baseball wannabe cack.

This games meant to be sold out but it’s only just over half full.

I really like the Northern Superchargers kit too be fair.

Is it working then? all I know is I've been so disinterested in cricket since the New Zealand series finished :lol:

I’ve been willing to give it a chance but I’m not sure how much of a success it’s been so far.

The games have been entertaining by and large but the fact the BBC games have been put on at 230 on a Saturday/ Sunday when people are out doing stuff will have limited the public attention it gets I reckon. If they’d had, say, every Tuesday and Thursday night I think it would have been much better.

So like the Blast it’s in danger of being a comp that’s irrelevant and invisible to most of the country.

I’ve been willing to give it a chance but I’m not sure how much of a success it’s been so far.

The games have been entertaining by and large but the fact the BBC games have been put on at 230 on a Saturday/ Sunday when people are out doing stuff will have limited the public attention it gets I reckon. If they’d had, say, every Tuesday and Thursday night I think it would have been much better.

So like the Blast it’s in danger of being a comp that’s irrelevant and invisible to most of the country.

After an initial surge there doesn't seem to be much on BBC, true enough. Most games are free on Sky cricket Youtube channel but casual fans won't watch that. Also most box office players have dropped out.

I always gauge by how much interest my mates outside cricket are talking about it. Couldn’t shut them up during the World Cup (which was mostly on sky apart from the final) and the Headingley Ashes Test made them sit up and take notice (until we lost the next one) Not sure they even realise this is on

The propaganda is staggering. Heard on radio one email being read out, without comment, saying: “Cricket’s needed this for years with the falling attendances in county cricket.” T20 Blast crowds are bigger than this travesty.
How the shills have the brass neck to be so Pravda-like is beyond me.

The propaganda is staggering. Heard on radio one email being read out, without comment, saying: “Cricket’s needed this for years with the falling attendances in county cricket.” T20 Blast crowds are bigger than this travesty.
How the shills have the brass neck to be so Pravda-like is beyond me.

Ive enjoyed watching the Hundred. Not going to lie. The format has worked and with some tweaks could be even better. But you’re right, there is plenty hyperbole about and good TV ratings hasnt seen more bums on seats than in T20 fixtures.

If the ‘franchises’ have more than one home base, with the Northern team playing at the Riverside for example, then it may be more inclusive.

Of course, it still presents problems and questions for the rest of our domestic game but just at face value, it has been good and entertaining viewing.

One thing that’s annoying me are the endless replays of every boundary or wicket with the crowd sound turned up to 100. I’m sorry but there’s no way that four in the women’s game got a massive roar, and then to hear it five time from five different camera angles is extremely grating.

Tbf I do think it’s good for the lasses to share the stage with the lads rather than sent off to some out ground.
Yeah, they wouldn't have been able to have double headers but the fans of ne England wouldn't have totally missed out. They should have at least had a 1 or 2 games at Durham given this team supposedly represents us.

Back