The Hundred Draft - Sky Sports 7pm

I think it’s a bit bizarre as a concept. But getting cricket on tv has to be a good thing.

And let’s be honest. And it’s sad. But championship crowds don’t pay the bills.

And yet FTECB are/were minted. if they can afford to pump all this money into rebranding cricket then they could have afforded to reward the counties better, making them more sustainable and not letting the likes of us, yorks, warwickshire etc getting into varying amounts of huge debt (some vastly huger than others but that's old ground now) and if suddenly now they can afford to have some terrestrial telly they could have had that YEARS back. i doubt cricket would be in anywhere near the dire state it is now if county championship and/or 50 over (or 40 or whatever) had been on free to air for the last decade or so.

And yet FTECB are/were minted. if they can afford to pump all this money into rebranding cricket then they could have afforded to reward the counties better, making them more sustainable and not letting the likes of us, yorks, warwickshire etc getting into varying amounts of huge debt (some vastly huger than others but that's old ground now) and if suddenly now they can afford to have some terrestrial telly they could have had that YEARS back. i doubt cricket would be in anywhere near the dire state it is now if county championship and/or 50 over (or 40 or whatever) had been on free to air for the last decade or so.

Well they can't really afford to pump all this money into rebranding cricket, if The Hundred flops they're in trouble. They're pumping in this money to get it back again, it's an investment. The comparison with Durham etc. would be to loan money at a favourable interest rate. Which is kinda what they did, but with extra bit of shafting thrown in for us northern upstarts for showing up the London mafia.

Well they can't really afford to pump all this money into rebranding cricket, if The Hundred flops they're in trouble. They're pumping in this money to get it back again, it's an investment. The comparison with Durham etc. would be to loan money at a favourable interest rate. Which is kinda what they did, but with extra bit of shafting thrown in for us northern upstarts for showing up the London mafia.

they had what about 70m in cash reserves before this hundred thing. would have been far better spent providing a bit of extra cash to existing counties so they could recruit the best players in the world, scheduling times when england players could represent their counties, taking a bit of a financial hit to get existing games on tv ( sky having exclusive rights but televising a handful of 50 over games per year, wtf is the point?) and working with counties to get people through the door - all that would cost a fraction of what they're doing now.

I genuinely think I’ll be paying more attention to the lasses games. Looking a even contest with talent across the board, very exciting!
Sarah Taylor is a terrific wicketkeeper-great to see skills largely missing in the men's game.
Be interesting to watch her progress at Sussex

Another thing about this folly. If it’s really to bring new viewers, attendees etc etc, why not play some of the games at grounds not in franchises.

say young uns watch a game and beg their parents to go, why not have CLS have a game for the northern franchise?

180 round trip to headingley is not going to be available for most NE youngsters.

Another thing about this folly. If it’s really to bring new viewers, attendees etc etc, why not play some of the games at grounds not in franchises.

say young uns watch a game and beg their parents to go, why not have CLS have a game for the northern franchise?

180 round trip to headingley is not going to be available for most NE youngsters.
Bostock said during the zoom forum that were it successful he was confident that it would be extended to 10 teams with NE and SW the additional venues.

I’ll believe it when I see it. The fact we’ve produced more England cricketers than any other county apart from Yorkshire since 2010 should have been proof enough we deserved a team in our own right in the first go around.

I would imagine rightly or wrongly it was city based more on destiny of population in them cities like in successful other tournaments such as the IPL or the Big Bash rather than who deserves a place or who has produced England players in the past.

Missed opportunity to include a new audience in Edinburgh and Glasgow.A Northern Raiders set up could've had Scotland and Durham forming the basis with a game also in Northumberland 🤔

Missed opportunity to include a new audience in Edinburgh and Glasgow.A Northern Raiders set up could've had Scotland and Durham forming the basis with a game also in Northumberland 🤔

If they only have 8 sides it’s a difficult argument between that, Wales (which needs a kick up the arse) and a South Western team imo.

The problem with extending to 10 sides would either be having to have midday day games or further lengthening the tournament, which would (further) impact the other comps.

Back