The Hundred 2023

Making up stupid figures isn't putting a positive spin on anything, and that poster has done it before.

No first class cricket again in August, a disaster for the sport. Hopefully the lack of interest will mean it's the last year of the farcical 16.4.

Personally I think the exact opposite that cricket never off the telly at the height of the summer is the complete opposite of disaster for the game.

It’s good for the game, I genuinely believe that, we fundamentally miles apart on this and always will be.

If last season is anything to go by championship cricket was the most boring negative non result cricket seen for many a year, many teams amazingly drew more than half the games, that would be the disaster for the sport if allowed to continue.

Fortunately reading between the lines the England set up are speaking to counties and asking them to play more positive and entertaining cricket which I personally think is fantastic for the game going forward.

We could now possibly have exciting forward thinking entertaining cricket in the championship going forward ,as well as brilliant summer nights short format entertaining cricket in the evenings covered by both terrestrial and sky tv.

As well as the England team thriving in all formats.

The future looks bright!

If loyal member of Derbyshire for example is a bit put out because he can’t watch them in August then so be it, that is unfortunate for him, but there is bigger things and a wider picture at play for the longevity of the game.

And as the poster above says cricket needs to move into the modern world

Last edited:

Its happening all over the world there has been no state cricket in Australia since the last week in November to first week in December. Now In South Africa everything stops for their new t20 tournament
At least in England we have the 50 over comp furing the franchise tournament.

Yep, the game is to be sacrificed and it looks like there's not much we can do about it.

The BBL is being cut back due to lack of interest despite the sacrifice of state cricket. You can't keep selling the same meat, it will rot sooner rather than later.
Personally I think the exact opposite that cricket never off the telly at the height of the summer is the complete opposite of disaster for the game.

It’s good for the game, I genuinely believe that, we fundamentally miles apart on this and always will be.

If last season is anything to go by championship cricket was the most boring negative non result cricket seen for many a year, many teams amazingly drew more than half the games, that would be the disaster for the sport if allowed to continue.

Fortunately reading between the lines the England set up are speaking to counties and asking them to play more positive and entertaining cricket which I personally think is fantastic for the game going forward.

We could now possibly have exciting forward thinking entertaining cricket in the championship going forward ,as well as brilliant summer nights short format entertaining cricket in the evenings covered by both terrestrial and sky tv.

As well as the England team thriving in all formats.

The future looks bright!

If loyal member of Derbyshire for example is a bit put out because he can’t watch them in August then so be it, that is unfortunate for him, but there is bigger things and a wider picture at play for the longevity of the game.

And as the poster above says cricket needs to move into the modern world

Can't be arsed to go round the houses with you again, your point about existing cricket fans says it all.

Last edited:
Yep, the game is to be sacrificed and it looks like there's not much we can do about it.

The BBL is being cut back due to lack of interest despite the sacrifice of state cricket. You can't keep selling the same meat, it will rot sooner rather than later.

Can't be arsed to go round the houses with you again, your point about existing cricket fans says it all.

Not going to fall out about,I genuinely believe you feel strongly about your point and respect you for that.

However I genuinely believe in mine and want cricket to survive and thrive in the modern world.

I wasn’t having go at loyal county members at all, in fact understand and empathize for them during August.

But there is a bigger picture.
To make cricket attractive and entertaining for future fans and players

Last edited:

Yeah the Aussies didn't learn from us with the BBL by extending it and making it to long just like what happened to the original t20 in this country after the furst couple if years. Its all greed and self preservation.

All ways been forms of the game in this country nobody else plays for the past 50 years.
There is not enough interest in the county form of the game in this country for it to compete with a more streamline franchise system. Its a Sickener but unfortunately Its the modern day world.
Two division Blast would’ve solved nearly all those issues and judging from the viewing and participation figures there doesn’t seem to be a lot of interest in The Hundred either.

Up until 1990 it seems they had a perfect combination. The Sunday League, broadcast on TV ad the the 50 Over comp. Both used to get a lot of interest.

Then it seems every decision to 'increase engagement' involving the men's cricket has made things worse.

Shorter and shorter and still shorter formats are better. Games scattered on any day of the week scheduled by a blindfolded bloke throwing a dart at a calender is better. It's apparently easier to make exciting games if you have less of this chucking a ball about and hitting it with a stick rubbish and add more fireworks, dancing girls, and burgers and coke! It's aall modern ya knaa.

Pivotal season for the Hundred. Teams are starting to get a bit of an identity (Eg the Welsh side his dogshit) and there’s no other big sorting event to compete against with the PL starting later.

Not good for the competition, when it was launched part of the appeal at least for me was seeing the best players in the world competing against each other in a very similar way to the IPL, which personally I think would be great to watch.

However inevitably the less world class players playing and top players dropping out is a blow to the competition and disappointing for the viewing public.

Imo people want to watch world class cricketers battling it out against each other in short format cricket as would be great watch.

But totally devalued if them world class players not playing

Last edited:
Not good for the competition, when it was launched part of the appeal at least for me was seeing the best players in the world competing against each other in a very similar way to the IPL, which personally I think would be great to watch.

However inevitably the less world class players playing and top players dropping out is a blow to the competition and disappointing for the viewing public.

Imo people want to watch world class cricketers battling it out against each other in short format cricket as would be great watch.

But totally devalued if them world class players not playing
Even last year there were barely any big stars playing. The finals last year were played by a majority of county trundlers with a small handful of T20 mercenaries making up the rest of the numbers. It’s about as far away from the IPL as you could possibly get.

Even last year there were barely any big stars playing. The finals last year were played by a majority of county trundlers with a small handful of T20 mercenaries making up the rest of the numbers. It’s about as far away from the IPL as you could possibly get.

I think out of all the T20 comps, I've enjoyed the PSL as much as any

Yeah totally agree, what it was badged at and launched as at the start of the competition has certainly not materialized could not agree more.

It means the playing public are missing out on watching world class players that can’t be good.

Last edited:

Back