The Hansie Cronje affair

I've always wondered if Woolmer was a bit bent. Knew about players being approached for money, claimed he wrote a letter to CSA telling them about the approach that no one has ever been able to find, and died in very mysterious circumstances

I can remember at the time thinking he was far more upset, even with the gravity of it within the sport and his position as captain, than he needed to be. He caved in to temptation, was caught out, and was duly dealt with.

Maybe he knew what was coming, one way or another.

I still remember that British copper who was working over there doing the live press conference and describing Woolmers death as manual strangulation, absolutely incredible at the time.

I still remember that British copper who was working over there doing the live press conference and describing Woolmers death as manual strangulation, absolutely incredible at the time.
Woolmer's death was definitely fishy - didn't they announce it as a murder, launched an investigation then changed their minds and said it was a heart attack?

In a conspiracy theory, I don’t need evidence, it’s up to you to show me I’m wrong :lol:

Look at him, he didnt look well or healthy like
Just watched the Bad Sport episode of this on Netflix, well worth a watch.

Be amazed if it was just greed whenever his first time was.

was just putting this on!
weird seeing Aggers in HD on Netflix :lol:
Just watched the Bad Sport episode of this on Netflix, well worth a watch.

Be amazed if it was just greed whenever his first time was.

Just finished it, its good

What you mean? What else could it be?

I dont think there is much mystery to it, more just the specifics.

He just saw it as easy money to alter things that he didn't think really mattered to the outcome of the match

He probably did get under the thumb of some bookmakers, but the ease at which he manufactured a result in the England test after just being approached that weekend, showed how well versed he was in that world, and comfortable.

Last edited:
Look at him, he didnt look well or healthy like

was just putting this on!
weird seeing Aggers in HD on Netflix :lol:

Just finished it, its good

What you mean? What else could it be?

I dont think there is much mystery to it, more just the specifics.

He just saw it as easy money to alter things that he didn't think really mattered to the outcome of the match

He probably did get under the thumb of some bookmakers, but the ease at which he manufactured a result in the England test after just being approached that weekend, showed how well versed he was in that world, and comfortable.

Just the amounts involved didn't seem to make any sense, he's doing ads for Ferrari yet happy to fiddle a declaration in a big international game to help some bookie make a couple of grand.

A declaration like that is hardly like bowling a few extra no balls either, couldn't really raise a bigger red flag if you tried.

Probably looking too much into it but maybe it went back to before he was captain, like they said once you've done it that's it really.

Back