The Hansie Cronje affair

hefty em

Striker
Talksport 2 done a decent piece on it too during lunch one day of the first test, Pollock, Gough et al.

TheRey

Midfield
I've always wondered if Woolmer was a bit bent. Knew about players being approached for money, claimed he wrote a letter to CSA telling them about the approach that no one has ever been able to find, and died in very mysterious circumstances

I can remember at the time thinking he was far more upset, even with the gravity of it within the sport and his position as captain, than he needed to be. He caved in to temptation, was caught out, and was duly dealt with.

Maybe he knew what was coming, one way or another.

I still remember that British copper who was working over there doing the live press conference and describing Woolmers death as manual strangulation, absolutely incredible at the time.

TopCat

Striker
I still remember that British copper who was working over there doing the live press conference and describing Woolmers death as manual strangulation, absolutely incredible at the time.
Woolmer's death was definitely fishy - didn't they announce it as a murder, launched an investigation then changed their minds and said it was a heart attack?