The Flags - Looks like ‘Ultra’ rubbish to me

Status
Not open for further replies.
See that’s what is wrong, you’re not allowed an opposing opinion, any criticism is met with curt comments.

There is opinions and there is just silly negativie comments. How could anyone think it didn’t add something to the match day atmosphere or genuinely think it’s ‘not what we do’? A lot of time and effort was put in.
I’ll never be curt for the sake of it, but I’d also never let me being part of a fan group stop me speaking my mind.

I don't think it necessarily improved the atmosphere - you can't change people's minds unless they want to be changed. And, we all know that loads of us go to SAFC because it's the outlet to moan on.

What I liked about it is that a group of people invested the time, money and effort into doing something for Sunderland, which is what we're supposed to be about. And I also loved the shipyard badge on a blue background. Outstanding.

If there's anything that could have been done better I would suggest losing the 1936/1937 banners, because it's that long ago it holds no real value, and replacing them with emblems of the Sunderland shipyards and County Durham mines.

Forget an illustrious part of our history? No chance. I thought they were a great touch.

We should have another go after we've won 11 European trophies like the scousers, and we're followed by loads of tourist wankers.
Not really sure what that has to do with it.

They’re just fans the same as us.

Dare I say it even the mags make a better fist of it although the content of some of their flags leaves a lot to be desired.

Dare I say it even the mags make a better fist of it although the content of some of their flags leaves a lot to be desired.
You've got a point but again, they've had more experience at this.
Being totally genuine here, what would you suggest to make it look better? (Not trying to sound condescending or like a dick, genuinely want constructive feedback)

You've tucked yourself there - the mags and scousers are spat out of the same gob. We're different.

I don't think it necessarily improved the atmosphere - you can't change people's minds unless they want to be changed. And, we all know that loads of us go to SAFC because it's the outlet to moan on.

What I liked about it is that a group of people invested the time, money and effort into doing something for Sunderland, which is what we're supposed to be about. And I also loved the shipyard badge on a blue background. Outstanding.

If there's anything that could have been done better I would suggest losing the 1936/1937 banners, because it's that long ago it holds no real value, and replacing them with emblems of the Sunderland shipyards and County Durham mines.
So you'd rather we celebrated the past industry of the area than cups the club has won. Don't agree mate. They directly relate to the history of the club. I thought they were a great touch.

I'd never knock someone for trying to do well, the flag at Wembley didn't look great as has been said but I think today with old school flags around it. The surfer held firm instead of 'surfing' looked amazing. I was in another stand and the effect worked well. Loved the fact we were displaying our trophies to down the bottom of the roker end. If you don't think that's sunderland well I'm sorry to say it is, we've got 6 leauge titles, we're still going strong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back