The FA cup

Absolutely pathetic ourselves (and Harrogate Town for that matter) haven't said anything.

We've benefited from cup replays as much as anyone., especially in 73. And quite frankly, due to years of mismanagement, the idea of getting a cup replay against big sides is about the best thing we as supporters can hope for.

I'm fed up with the tone deaf idiots in charge of the club repeatedly trying to alienate fans a little bit more each passing week.

Last edited:
They can also give the players a proper close season off.
Yet so many clubs think nothing of jetting off around the world to play 6-to-10 lucrative friendlies.
I hope the super league takes off and the EFL expel them. It would be fun if they played each other 6 times a season.
I wouldn`t miss any of the "Big Six". Let them go and play where ever they want and good bloody riddance to them. Reformat the League and merge the top few teams of the EFL with the Prem and have a competitive league again where any number of teams have the chance to win, instead of the current situation where it`s a closed shop of 2 or 3 teams. It`s turned so dull and predictable.

I wouldn`t miss any of the "Big Six". Let them go and play where ever they want and good bloody riddance to them. Reformat the League and merge the top few teams of the EFL with the Prem and have a competitive league again where any number of teams have the chance to win, instead of the current situation where it`s a closed shop of 2 or 3 teams. It`s turned so dull and predictable.
Nor would I but unfortunately these rules, and probably more to come, are demands met by FA to keep them here.

As a kid, I grew up on the magic of "The Cup", you didn't need to call it the FA Cup as everyone just called it "The Cup".

The Slough Town v Wycombe replay in 1970, over 9,000 ffs. The never to be forgotten Hereford v Newcastle game is part of folklore but the fuckers at the FA are now saying it could never be allowed now.

I can remember the great tie between Arsenal and Sheffield Wednesday which went to 3 replays before Arsenal prevailed. Titanic struggles before Arsenal got through. I'm sure @wednesday1957 or @Visiting owl will remember them.

As a kid , I remember the Alvechurch v Oxford City tie went to 5 replays, even remember reading a report in the Daily Telegraph the next day.

Our own 1973 run included 3 replays, what are the chances of us winning 3 successive penalty shootouts? Let alone anyone who went to those games and enjoyed the game voted as the best ever at Roker Park. Equally the 1992 quarter final replay v Chelsea.

My home town team Slough Town played Grimsby in the Cup this season, drew 1-1 at home before being tanked 7-2 in the replay. Despite that , many of the Slough fans who went to Grimsby still went as they thought we had a chance, and coming back to 2-2 from 2-0 we did for a little while.

Here are Slough Town's thoughts.

It's a disgrace this decision has been taken to benefit 4 teams with the middle finger being given to the other 728 teams that entered this season's Cup. The FA'S hypocritical statement comes out with the crap over player welfare but as numerous others have said, the so called elite will then play exhibition matches in Asia, USA etc.

And how have they come to a decision to ban 1st and 2nd round replays when the teams from the greed league aren't even involved?

Bring on the football regulator.
Went to every game of that epic cup tie, Hillsborough, Highbury, (where Arsenal got a late leveller) then 3 times to Filbert St,
The F.A cup ties were big games back then, for everybody and the crowds reflected that all over the country.
Admittedly when I was going away in 70's there was sod all else to do in Sheffield anyway, and it was relatively cheap travel and Wednesday had a decent following most of the time, even during periods when Hillsborough crowds were low, everyone enjoyed the away days..certain grounds excepted lol

Me as well.

Also waiting for acknowledgment of Leighton James passing and his contributions for SAFC. Every other club he played for has.

I’m not sure whoever looks after the club media will know who he is or if they do that he played for us. Chris Maguire will get his happy birthday Im sure like
The club is being run by people who don’t know what they’re doing and don’t give a fuck about our fans.

The worry is people still seem to think that they do.

The club is being run by people who don’t know what they’re doing and don’t give a fuck about our fans.

The worry is people still seem to think that they do.
Theres a massive disconnect with older fans I find, and sure you can say that about a lot of things in life, but football should always be for everybody.
At any age you should be able to recognise greed, in politics , in life and in football, this is, and has been ever since The Prem attempted to be a closed shop, cos thats what it wants, its obvious.
All this "Well if you want to see the best players" etc..I f.ookin' don't , nor have I ever in the flesh, with the exception of a handful, just give me a club with a chance of winning summat, on a level playing field, now the Prem are tipping the level playing field even further to their advantage...
European super league?..Yes please, f.uck off and let us have football as a sport back, you can enjoy playing each other 6 times a season , you boring tw ats!

Last edited:
I'd fully back SAFC, and any other club for that matter, if they chose to boycott the competition due to this.

Awful that only 20 teams were consulted over the decision on this. Arguably the last of the beautiful game once again destroyed by greed.

Fair play to Wilder et al for their statements.

Back