The FA cup

I do care. It’s a rancid decision. However, I keep hearing people say they care but that doesn’t translate to them caring enough to buy a ticket.

Should just say it anyway on the basis of finances
I have a season ticket and never miss a home game, not sure what the point you are trying to make is, The twats in the PL have devalued the greatest cup competition for years by playing their youth teams, they should all just fuck off the that Super League they get hard about, they will realise eventually they have fucked it

haway SAFC put a statement out
We’re awaiting permission from Newcastle United to release one.
The EFL wishes to clarify further its position in respect of yesterday’s Premier League and Football Association bi-lateral announcement over the removal of FA Cup replays and the role of the League’s representatives on the Professional Game Board (PGB).

The agreement which now sees the abolition of replays from the competition format was agreed solely between the Premier League and FA. Ahead of the deal being announced there was no agreement with the EFL nor was there any formal consultation with EFL Clubs as members of the FA and participants in the competition.

In September 2023, the EFL did initially discuss with Clubs potential changes to the FA Cup format but only as part of a wider and more fundamental change to financial distributions. As is now clear, there has been no movement in this area since September.

This latest agreement between the Premier League and the FA, in the absence of financial reform, is just a further example of how the EFL and its Clubs are being marginalised in favour of others further up the pyramid and that only serves to threaten the future of the English game.

The EFL today calls on both the Premier League and the FA, as the Governing body, to re-evaluate their approach to their footballing partnership with the EFL and engage more collaboratively on issues directly affecting our Clubs.

A separate issue is the role of the EFL representatives on the Professional Game Board (PGB) in agreeing to the 2024/25 overall fixture calendar. PGB is there to make technical decisions across the game as opposed to key policy decisions such as competition changes or formats.

Any decisions taken on the calendar involving EFL representatives are in no way an endorsement of the joint deal agreed between the FA and Premier League that imposes changes to the FA Cup competition format in isolation.

As part of the discussions the EFL representatives did challenge the position and were told that Clubs would be comfortable with no replays. They were effectively advised that, as a result, of it being an FA competition, the fixture list needed to be agreed as presented. It is also important to note that this matter was not discussed by the FA Cup committee, a separate group that oversees the competition across the professional and national game.
First decent statement the EFL have put out in a long time.

I have a season ticket and never miss a home game, not sure what the point you are trying to make is, The twats in the PL have devalued the greatest cup competition for years by playing their youth teams, they should all just fuck off the that Super League they get hard about, they will realise eventually they have fucked it
I totally agree with you on this.

Every club outside of the Premier should pull out of the competition until the rules are agreed by all. It'll devalue the sponsors deal, as money is the only thing the greedy scumbags seem to care about then it may make them take note.
Unfortunately lower leagues probably can't afford to give up that revenue even if it is just straight knockouts now. I'd imagine as well plenty of championship clubs owners will be content with no replays as well. It's just shite and the fa are hoping they have them over a barrel

A lot of people stopped going to cup games due to it being devalued. This is just another step in that direction.
I’m one of em mate- although I did go to the Saudi game cos I fookin hate them
Couldn’t give a shiny shit about our domestic cup comps as most of the teams don’t

Keep the replays but give the PL club the option of a forfeit and if they do, the other team progresses and gets the money. At least the forfeiting club get to have a ‘rest’.

Keep the replays but give the PL club the option of a forfeit and if they do, the other team progresses and gets the money. At least the forfeiting club get to have a ‘rest’.
Or give the two teams power to agree not to replay. Both teams agree then can be decided on pens

Play too many games in a season?? Easy solution. Sack off a bunch of Champions League games and return it to a knock out. Job done. After all the FA Cup was there a long, long time before the CL and means much more to more people and teams than the CL where only half a dozen or so teams are bothered each season.

Back