The European Football Thread 16/17

Status
Not open for further replies.

Was st the Roma game yesterday.
If they played in a 50 thousand stadium they would be talked about as one of the best atmospheres in Europe
Seen em play Fiorentina there in a half empty stadium. No atmosphere at all. That ground kills it for both them and Lazio.

This weekends live European football TV schedule

Friday 21st April

7:30pm - FC Koln vs Hoffenheim - BT Sport 1
7:45pm - Nancy vs Marseille - BT Sport 3
7:45pm - Sevilla vs Granada - Sky Sports 3

Saturday 22nd April

12:00pm - Malaga vs Valencia - Sky Sports Red Button
5:00pm - Sporting de Charleroi vs Zulte Waregem - Premier Sports
5:30pm - Borussia Monchengladbach vs Borussia Dortmund - BT Sport 1
5:30pm - Osasuna vs Sporting Gijon - Sky Sports 1
7:45pm - Espanyol vs Atletico Madrid - Sky Sports 3
7:45pm - Fiorentina vs Inter Milan - BT Sport Extra 2
8:30pm - Sporting Lisbon vs Benfica - BT Sport ESPN

Sunday 23rd April

11:00am - Real Sociedad vs Deportivo la Coruna - Sky Sports Red Button
11:30am - Sassuolo vs Napoli - BT Sport 3
1:30pm - Vitesse Arnhem vs Feyenoord - Sky Sports Red Button
2:00pm - AC Milan vs Empoli - BT Sport ESPN
2:00pm - Toulouse vs Nice - BT Sport Extra 3
2:30pm - Freiburg vs Bayer Leverkusen - BT Sport 3
3:15pm - Celta Vigo vs Real Betis - Sky Sports Red Button
3:45pm - PSV Eindhoven vs Ajax - Sky Sports Mix
4:00pm - St Etienne vs Rennes - BT Sport ESPN
4:30pm - Schalke vs Red Bull Leipzig - BT Sport 3
5:30pm - Las Palmas vs Alaves - Sky Sports Red Button
7:45pm - Juventus vs Genoa - BT Sport 3
7:45pm - Real Madrid vs Barcelona - Sky Sports 1
8:15pm - Lyon vs Monaco - BT Sport 1

Monday 24th April

7:15pm - VfB Stuttgart vs Union Berlin - BT Sport 2
7:45pm - Eibar vs Athletic Bilbao - Sky Sports 3
7:45pm - Pescara vs Roma - BT Sport 3

Take Griezmann, Filipe Luis and Oblak out of the team this season and Atletico would struggle to finish top half. Godin I guess as well.

Take Griezmann, Filipe Luis and Oblak out of the team this season and Atletico would struggle to finish top half. Godin I guess as well.
Aye, take 4 quality players (3 of who are up there with the best in the world in their position) out of a team and they'd struggle. What a daft thing to say.

Was st the Roma game yesterday.
If they played in a 50 thousand stadium they would be talked about as one of the best atmospheres in Europe

I'm there for the Genoa game (as apparently its Totti's last). Having gone to the last match at the Olimpico last season and Totti getting another year I'm a bit sceptical mind.
The only problem I have with the Olimpico is that I've no idea if I'm drinking alcohol free beer as you never get the bottles.

Aye, take 4 quality players (3 of who are up there with the best in the world in their position) out of a team and they'd struggle. What a daft thing to say.

Not really. They're Champions League semi finalists and they rely heavily on a few players because the rest have been way below the standard of the players I named.

Take Ronaldo, Modric and Marcelo out of Real Madrid and they'd still finish top two. Take the three best players out of Juve, they'd win the league. Take the three best players out of Monaco and I suspect they'd still be top two. Chelsea didn't play without two of their best players today and still matched the second best team in the league until they came on.

Who's the one that's not up with the best in the world in their position by the way?

Not really. They're Champions League semi finalists and they rely heavily on a few players because the rest have been way below the standard of the players I named.

Take Ronaldo, Modric and Marcelo out of Real Madrid and they'd still finish top two. Take the three best players out of Juve, they'd win the league. Take the three best players out of Monaco and I suspect they'd still be top two. Chelsea didn't play without two of their best players today and still matched the second best team in the league until they came on.

Who's the one that's not up with the best in the world in their position by the way?
Fair enough. I think taking any players out of a squad who are the best players there that the team is built around would knack any team really.

Filipe Luis is not at the same level IMO, but only just.

Fair enough. I think taking any players out of a squad who are the best players there that the team is built around would knack any team really.

Filipe Luis is not at the same level IMO, but only just.

I know what you're saying and do agree with you, the point of my post was just to highlight how poor/under performing the rest have been this season for a club with the stature of Atletico.

Filipe Luis is the only one out of the four that I'd say is the best in the world in their position funnily enough :lol:

I know what you're saying and do agree with you, the point of my post was just to highlight how poor/under performing the rest have been this season for a club with the stature of Atletico.

Filipe Luis is the only one out of the four that I'd say is the best in the world in their position funnily enough :lol:
Opinions eh :lol:

I'm there for the Genoa game (as apparently its Totti's last). Having gone to the last match at the Olimpico last season and Totti getting another year I'm a bit sceptical mind.
The only problem I have with the Olimpico is that I've no idea if I'm drinking alcohol free beer as you never get the bottles.
it should be real beer as its only england where you cant drink at your seat (and EL / CL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back