The Doors ... Sliding Doors ... Bifold ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don’t get bifold. They’re a nightmare.
Get top of the range Frenchies with a couple of half height windows either side. Stick a couple of old school/hospital type radiators either side beneath the windows. Looks fantastic.

We have French doors off the kitchen and they are about 1.4m width over 2 doors. We could get some wider ones to e.g. 1.6m and then have 50cm panels on either side.

The frenchies are ok but I currently wedge a garden chair behind one to stop it blowing back on its hinges.

Your idea seems like a good solution, on the web I’ve seen some decorative rope being used.

There should be some sort of stays to prevent that. I hate seeing doors flapping in the wind, mainly because i fitted doors and hate seeing them mistreated.
My choice would be sliding doors. We have them and rarely use them.

We are trying to decide what to replace an elderly sliding patio door with. The width is approx 2.5m and we have had 1 quote so far, all white pvc.

- bifolding 3 panels = 4K but the salesman advised against it as he reckons that people don’t use them much in U.K. weather.

- x2 French doors with a side panel of glass on each side = £2300. The only problem with French doors is that they blow shut if it’s windy, we could fix on some door stays?

- we have seen sliding French doors that look good and would be ideal but these are apparently more expensive than bifolds.

- replacement sliding patio door = £1860.

Does anyone have bifolds and were they worth fitting please?
Great album but prefer the soft parade

We are trying to decide what to replace an elderly sliding patio door with. The width is approx 2.5m and we have had 1 quote so far, all white pvc.

- bifolding 3 panels = 4K but the salesman advised against it as he reckons that people don’t use them much in U.K. weather.

- x2 French doors with a side panel of glass on each side = £2300. The only problem with French doors is that they blow shut if it’s windy, we could fix on some door stays?

- we have seen sliding French doors that look good and would be ideal but these are apparently more expensive than bifolds.

Get a quote from TWR in Hendon. They generally come with brackets that allow you to lock them in an open position. TWR will add them on for you.

I have them.

French doors as standard will be 1800mm x 2100mm and you will require two side panels to make up the difference, usually around £800 fitted using Rehau. All the prices You were given is from someone trying to take the piss mate. P.m me If you will require a quotation.

French doors as standard will be 1800mm x 2100mm and you will require two side panels to make up the difference, usually around £800 fitted using Rehau. All the prices You were given is from someone trying to take the piss mate. P.m me If you will require a quotation.
Thanks mate but we live near derby.

We are going to ask a builder for a quote as he’s doing our porch.

Last edited:
If you go for Bifolds make sure you get good quality and a reputable installer, with decent references.I use to be manufacturing manager of a company which made them. You'll have trouble for years if there aren't installed properly

If you go for Bifolds make sure you get good quality and a reputable installer, with decent references.I use to be manufacturing manager of a company which made them. You'll have trouble for years if there aren't installed properly
Thank you. I might just brick it all up, whenever I save up and buy something I usually end up disappointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back