''The date of birth set up in your account needs to match the price class you are trying to purchase''

in past seasons i've sorted loads of tickets out for people, just went on the website and selected 3, 4, 5 tickets and assigned them all to me and bought them

on a laptop its relatively straight forward. on a phone its almost impossible

the lad is borderline whether to come or not, i said i'd sort the tickets as he's not really that big into footy, just wanted to bring the bairn along for a day out and something different.

i can't imagine he's that bothered that he's now going to go on his laptop and fanny on registering two different new accounts, then linking them to my account and all that. the whole point was supposed to be that i was going to make it easy for him as i'm used to the system and could sort the tickets in 5 minutes and he'd just give me the money

apparently not.
This is it mate. It’s almost like ‘they’ have forgotten that we are humans. When we’re making decisions, cost benefit analysis comes into play. As you pointed out your mate sums that scenario up and likely thinks, fuck it.

I’m wondering why this type of feedback wasn’t given in that supporters meeting a few weeks back? And if it was, what the fuck is going on and why aren’t the club implementing appropriate systems asap?

KLD needs to understand that we cannot be amateur hour any f***ing longer.

This is it mate. It’s almost like ‘they’ have forgotten that we are humans. When we’re making decisions, cost benefit analysis comes into play. As you pointed out your mate sums that scenario up and likely thinks, fuck it.

I’m wondering why this type of feedback wasn’t given in that supporters meeting a few weeks back? And if it was, what the fuck is going on and why aren’t the club implementing appropriate systems asap?

I think because we get such outrageous attendances given what the clubs been through, it's not seen as a problem

okay i've just been on the website and registered a new account.

name - Oliver Twist. 6 years old. membership number 12495899

i can now buy 'him' a ticket for saturday

i can then give that ticket to an adult and he won't get checked on the way in

absolute bomb proof this system
Well that’s all the Ollies fucked. Nice going.

I think because we get such outrageous attendances given what the clubs been through, it's not seen as a problem
Good point. I suppose a sense of apathy can set in. It’s not right though.

You’re right about outrageous attendances given everything that’s gone on for us. The stadium of light has been a great success when you think back to our attendances at roker later in its life. But even then we were well supported for our level. I’ve always felt like we have a great club.

My brother and me had exactly this for the Boro game. A cousin decided to go on the morning of the game and take his 6 or 7 year old grandson to his first match. As the cousin didn't have an account, we said he'd sort the tickets. It proved impossible to select a child's ticket (with KO approaching), so we ended up buying two 30-odd quid adult tickets :rolleyes:

So what did they do before all this technology. Because its stopping legitimate purchases as well. In fact I'd imagine it's almost exclusively stopping legitimate purchases
Before "all this technology" you had to go to the Ticket Office to buy tickets.
Not too much of an issue for those of us that live in Sunderland, but a major faff on (and cost) if you live 15+ miles away.
That was the way it was and people got on with it.

yeah its a nightmare like, had to do it for my 4 year old for her first match, against Norwich.

Of course its there to stop adults buying kids tickets, however if their were people on the turnstiles that wouldn't be needed. Thank god eh? must have been costing the club a fortune that

okay i've just been on the website and registered a new account.

name - Oliver Twist. 6 years old. membership number 12495899

i can now buy 'him' a ticket for saturday

i can then give that ticket to an adult and he won't get checked on the way in

absolute bomb proof this system

They can check the tickets as you go in. The stewards can see what kind of ticket you use to scan. If they do or not that's a different question they probably think they don't get paid enough to confront people.

Not sure how amateur it is to be fair I think most prem clubs probably have the same type of system.

The new system for me is better i dont have to think about which safe place i put my season card 4 weeks ago while i was in a mood and never wanted to go back.

I do think there should still be a turnstile where people can just pay and get a ticket on the day even if it has to be card payment.

Before "all this technology" you had to go to the Ticket Office to buy tickets.
Not too much of an issue for those of us that live in Sunderland, but a major faff on (and cost) if you live 15+ miles away.
That was the way it was and people got on with it.

Right. But if you wanted to buy a ticket for an u16 could you?

Or did you have to actually be u16 which is what this technology is doing

I detest restrictive technology.

Last edited:
They can check the tickets as you go in. The stewards can see what kind of ticket you use to scan. If they do or not that's a different question they probably think they don't get paid enough to confront people.

They don't, that's the point. The argument about it needing a degree in brain surgery to simply buy a football match ticket 'so the club knows who is in the ground ' is the biggest load of shite I've ever read.

They've made it complicated because the people who make the systems have never used the systems. They get away with it because a) football and music gigs are a captive audience driven by emotion, and b) Ticketmaster have a total monopoly on it

It's just another kick in the teeth for normal people wanting to do normal things with minimal fuss and for a fair price.

Fuck them. My mate and his kid aren't coming now anhwyay

It should be so simple, if anything it should be easier, you don't need to leave the house to buy a ticket. It's like the ticketing software isn't finished but they've just started using it anyway.

New to all these but this is a nightmare!

If you have an account but want to buy further tickets for an away game before you could just buy them from your account.

Is it the case that now you need to set up new accounts for the others and then add them to your network etc?

If yes could someone kindly explain how to do that in simple terms?!

New to all these but this is a nightmare!

If you have an account but want to buy further tickets for an away game before you could just buy them from your account.

Is it the case that now you need to set up new accounts for the others and then add them to your network etc?

If yes could someone kindly explain how to do that in simple terms?!
Register account

Network to your account, click on assign and manage on their name, wait for them to accept by email, then you can buy their tickets

Wow I've just tried to buy my kids some tickets and this happened. I've taken them to quite a few games over the last few years without the need to make them individual membership accounts. What an annoyance and I bet we lose tickets sales (all be it a small amount) every game to this.

Wow I've just tried to buy my kids some tickets and this happened. I've taken them to quite a few games over the last few years without the need to make them individual membership accounts. What an annoyance and I bet we lose tickets sales (all be it a small amount) every game to this.

Maybe the club are thinking people are abusing the system and buying concession tickets for those not eligible? Have you managed to set-up accounts for them and get sorted?

Maybe the club are thinking people are abusing the system and buying concession tickets for those not eligible? Have you managed to set-up accounts for them and get sorted?

Not yet. Going to have to setup email addresses for two kids under 8 years old. Seems crazy.

I get the abuse thing but surely that's always been possible and even if I created a kids membership number anyone could just turn up on the day.

Not yet. Going to have to setup email addresses for two kids under 8 years old. Seems crazy.

I get the abuse thing but surely that's always been possible and even if I created a kids membership number anyone could just turn up on the day.

I believe you can set up accounts for them using your own e-mail address and update it later once they're older.

the whole thing is flawed.

I want to take my 4 year old on Monday but can’t buy on his account because he can’t be unaccompanied, even though he obviously won’t be.

So instead I had to set up an under 16 account in his name and bought it under that.

What’s the point?

Back