The daily mirror has this England XI for the Tunisia match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only change I’d consider is Trent over Trippier.
Or Even Dier at CB and Walker at RWB
Trippier is much better than Alexander Arnold (currently) imho and probably better than walker from attacking positions. Not too sure about walker as part of a back 3 though as his defensive strength is making recovery runs and he won't be doing much of that as a cb.

I realise it's the way he's going to go but i don't like Walker at cb mainly because I'm not a fan of Trippier at wing back.
It would have made more sense to convert Delph into a cb imo to give us a natural left footer there. Then at least we wouldn't be shoe horning a right footer on the left side of defence and kept Walker on the right where he is much more of a threat with his pace than Trippier.
Looks about right otherwise i guess. I would pick Rose personally as he is much the better player but Young has arguably had the better season

I'm sorry but :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I realise it's the way he's going to go but i don't like Walker at cb mainly because I'm not a fan of Trippier at wing back.
It would have made more sense to convert Delph into a cb imo to give us a natural left footer there. Then at least we wouldn't be shoe horning a right footer on the left side of defence and kept Walker on the right where he is much more of a threat with his pace than Trippier.
Looks about right otherwise i guess. I would pick Rose personally as he is much the better player but Young has arguably had the better season

There isn’t a world where getting Delph playing cb makes any sense

Young and Henderson have been favoured over Dier and Rose according to 5live this morning.

Fuck me I bet you get sacked on football manager on Easy difficulty :lol:

I'm sorry but :lol::lol::lol::lol:
Why is that such a ridiculous idea?
He plays left back for Man City and Pep likes his fullbacks to tuck in. Pep works with his fullbacks extensively often putting them in at cb in training. Apparently Delph spent the whole of Peps 1st pre season playing cb.
I imagine this work on the training ground is why Walker has took to playing cb no bother.
For the record my problem with Walker playing there is not that he isn't up to it quite the opposite he has done very well there but I'm not a fan of Trippier at wing back i think he lacks the pace and willingness to get to the byline.
I would just like to see a left footer on the left of defence and Delph is the best option in the squad.

He plays left back for Man City and Pep likes his fullbacks to tuck in. Pep works with his fullbacks extensively often putting them in at cb in training. Apparently Delph spent the whole of Peps 1st pre season playing cb.
I imagine this work on the training ground is why Walker has took to playing cb no bother.
For the record my problem with Walker playing there is not that he isn't up to it quite the opposite he has done very well there but I'm not a fan of Trippier at wing back i think he lacks the pace and willingness to get to the byline.
I would just like to see a left footer on the left of defence and Delph is the best option in the squad.

So he spent the whole of a pre-season there and has never played there since? Does that not tell you something?
That aside, I like the idea of having someone quick next to Stones who has proven he can defend against top players. His ability to defend and get back quickly when Stones cocks up another pass or challenge could be vital in some games

The entire reason that walker is playing there is to provide covering pace for the other CBs.

Delph can't do that

So he spent the whole of a pre-season there and has never played there since? Does that not tell you something?
True and you're probably right but i took it as Pep making him defensively more sound and comfortable with tucking in.
That aside, I like the idea of having someone quick next to Stones who has proven he can defend against top players. His ability to defend and get back quickly when Stones cocks up another pass or challenge could be vital in some games
I don't disagree with that but i just think Walker would be a bigger asset at rwb.
Look I'm not an idiot i wouldn't just chuck Delph in at cb now. I was merely saying i would have liked to have seen the option of a left footer there explored in the friendlies and left Walker where he was. Cahill and Maguire look uncomfortable there at times especially in possession and Jones is just shite.
Delph came to mind because he is in the squad and has experience of playing more centrally but the likes of Rose, Bertrand, Cresswell, Mawson and Mee (was surprised he didn't get a chance ahead of Tarkowski) could have been tried.

Trippier is much better than Alexander Arnold (currently) imho and probably better than walker from attacking positions. Not too sure about walker as part of a back 3 though as his defensive strength is making recovery runs and he won't be doing much of that as a cb.

I think Alexander-Arnold has a lot to learn based upon his Champions League final showing. Natural for a young player though and has shown some ability.

Starting Trippier is the right desicion through, and his set pieces have looked good which is an extra weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back