The current PC graphics card situation

K3NA

Central Defender
Anyone looking for a new card, Overclockers UK have Some RX 6800 XT in but they are not cheap.

You can get a GTX 1080ti for about £300 (less if you are lucky) from all the mugs that upgraded their cards for stupid money - runs everything fine on full whack.

RYHOPER1

Midfield
You can get a GTX 1080ti for about £300 (less if you are lucky) from all the mugs that upgraded their cards for stupid money - runs everything fine on full whack.
Good luck for £300

and tbh thats way over priced considering they dont have DLSS and ray tracing.

bennett83

Striker
AMD is the way to go and has been for the last 3 years. For the CPU as well.
Its like intel have stood still, theres hardly any difference between gens and the equivalent amd usually holds their own. I speaking from experience albeit not necessarily purely gaming rigs.

RYHOPER1

Midfield
AMD is the way to go and has been for the last 3 years. For the CPU as well.
as much of a AMD fanboy as I am I dont agree with that tbh in regard to GPUs.

They have closed the gap with this generation, previously they made up for lack of features with a lower price point but the prices for this generation have been ridiculous even without the crazy market increases.

After having a long history with AMD cards I was planning on getting a 6800xt. Because I needed 3 display ports I would have had to get the sapphire nitro model. Which I was fine with having previously owned multiple sapphire nitros.

But when the prices came out they were looking to be around £1200 which is ridiculous.

I ended up getting a ridiculously good deal on a evga 3080 ftw3 for about £860.

I always thought allot of nvidia features were bollocks gimmicks but I have to say ray tracing and DLSS are pretty awesome. DLSS in particular which many more games are starting to incorporate, VR titles are also starting to utilize it. I know AMD have their own alternative that is coming but they are still pretty far behind nvidia and I think it will take them another generation or 2 to catch up.

as much of a AMD fanboy as I am I dont agree with that tbh in regard to GPUs.

They have closed the gap with this generation, previously they made up for lack of features with a lower price point but the prices for this generation have been ridiculous even without the crazy market increases.

After having a long history with AMD cards I was planning on getting a 6800xt. Because I needed 3 display ports I would have had to get the sapphire nitro model. Which I was fine with having previously owned multiple sapphire nitros.

But when the prices came out they were looking to be around £1200 which is ridiculous.

I ended up getting a ridiculously good deal on a evga 3080 ftw3 for about £860.

I always thought allot of nvidia features were bollocks gimmicks but I have to say ray tracing and DLSS are pretty awesome. DLSS in particular which many more games are starting to incorporate, VR titles are also starting to utilize it. I know AMD have their own alternative that is coming but they are still pretty far behind nvidia and I think it will take them another generation or 2 to catch up.

Agree 100%

I had a Sapphire Nitro+ 6900XT for a few weeks and it couldn’t touch the 3900 (so probably 3800 also) - not even close.