The cure. Forest . .. FORTY years ..

Utter class. Remember when they came out. My mate absolutely loved them

Probably saw they play at the Mayfair or city hall. Can’t remember now.
Saw them at the City Hall supporting Siouxsie. Fat Bob did the Cure set then played guitar for the Banshees. Class night, although the City Hall was a shit all seater with miserable gets trying to get you to sit down. Much like the SoL in fact :)

40 years! Oh ffs.
Saw em supported by the passions (I’m in love with a German fillum Star & Hunted) and The Associates (club country & party fears 2 & dozens more) in a Uni/College student union place in Newcastle in late 70s touring their first album.
Then at NCH touring 17Seconds supported by a fillum of a robot. We headed for the bar.

Saw them on The Top tour at NCH.

Spear of Destiny were playing the Mayfair the same night. Seeing as Spear were constantly on tour those days and had already been to the north east just a few months earlier hardly anyone (except @RichDevoto !) got tickets as we were all at the Cure. As we were leaving NCH (can’t remeber who the support was?) they were handing out free tickets for Spear so we all tramped down to the Mayfair and saw them too on the same night.

Saw them on The Top tour at NCH.

Spear of Destiny were playing the Mayfair the same night. Seeing as Spear were constantly on tour those days and had already been to the north east just a few months earlier hardly anyone (except @RichDevoto !) got tickets as we were all at the Cure. As we were leaving NCH (can’t remeber who the support was?) they were handing out free tickets for Spear so we all tramped down to the Mayfair and saw them too on the same night.
By the time of ‘The Top’ I must have rejected them for having the temerity to have hit records. Didn’t SoD give out free tickets a couple of times?

By the time of ‘The Top’ I must have rejected them for having the temerity to have hit records. Didn’t SoD give out free tickets a couple of times?
Aye you were the poster boy for Student Grant’s t shirt:

‘Blur - till lunch time’:lol:

Back