The cure. Forest . .. FORTY years ..

I love that band
Touring over here in May - get yourself along

I'm going to that one. I absolutely can't wait
Nice. I wish...sorely tempted, but I think my holidays are going to be the week after that, so I probably can't swing it this time :neutral: Found it odd to read that The Cure haven't played in Scotland since 1992?

Last edited:

Nice. I wish...sorely tempted, but I think my holidays are going to be the week after that, so I probably can't swing it this time :neutral: Found it odd to read that The Cure haven't played in Scotland since 1992?
I think they had an arena tour planned in 96 at the height of Britpop (they weren't trendy then). Tickets weren't selling well so they pulled a couple of Scottish dates as well as Newcastle. It took Robert Smith a long time to get over that period iirc

It sucks because I haven't seen any dates here in America for the tour :(

I think they had an arena tour planned in 96 at the height of Britpop (they weren't trendy then). Tickets weren't selling well so they pulled a couple of Scottish dates as well as Newcastle. It took Robert Smith a long time to get over that period iirc
few of the gigs were cancelled twice,i had tickets for newcastle arena.
didn’t help that the album they had just releases ( wild mood swings ) was awful

Time had just gone.

You were born and then you live and then you die.

I used to work at Woolies in Durham after school and Saturdays. It was meant to be just stock room stuff, sweeping the floors etc but somehow I used to get to work on the record counter on Saturdays. The full time lasses who worked there used to just play all the disco shit but when they were on their breaks I’d slam on all the punk & new wave stuff which brought loads of footfall to the counter, eager to hear some decent tunes. Durham was stuck in a bit of a prog rock/disco time warp back then.

This was one track I nearly wore the grooves off, blasting it out down Silver Street. Cracking track.

few of the gigs were cancelled twice,i had tickets for newcastle arena.
didn’t help that the album they had just releases ( wild mood swings ) was awful
Aye same here mate. Wild Mood Swings had a few decent tracks on it but it also suffered from having a few stinkers on it.

Got a feeling they’re going to clash with the Chemical Brothers at Glastonbury which I’m in a bit of a pickle about. Seen the chemical brothers before and seeing them again in November in Manchester but think Glastonbury would be special to see them at, but I also want to see the Cure.

When I was at college the bassist from The Daintees was always trying to get us to sell me original Killing An Arab single to him for a fiver. Cheap get.

Back