The Crown

The early stuff was before my time so it had a different feel to the more recent stuff which I can remember. This last one will be interesting.
I agree, there just wasn't much that was of particular interest during that time, I also don't remember any of the talk of an early abdication that was a theme through part of the series.

The fact the series ended in July 1997 basically gave it the feel of a series that was only there to set the stage for Diana's death.

I would imagine Diana will be spinning in her grave. Everything she predicted in the months leading to her death have come true. Will be interesting how how they tell the story.

Would recommend Robert Lacy’s books.

I would imagine Diana will be spinning in her grave. Everything she predicted in the months leading to her death have come true. Will be interesting how how they tell the story.

Would recommend Robert Lacy’s books.
Robert has written quite a few books, any in particular you recommend? I think he has a couple on the Netflix series.

I have just read that book you recommended- Battle of Brothers by Lacey. It was very good.

Thanks.
He has also done a background book to the Crown I would imagine there will be another one to follow at some point. Edit ; daft me it’s on this thread.

Just started Sir Bobs book which I think willl also be a good read.

You might enjoy Alistair Campbells latest book 😉

Last edited:
What's everyones thoughts?

I've just finished the first 4 episodes of season 6. Loved all of them but episodes 3 and 4 were incredible. Not sure how much is fact and how much is fiction, but I think the parts which we know to be true are portrayed in a sensitive and kind way. Not a fan of William and Harry's castings, but Mo and Dodi Fayed, and Princess Diana were played brilliantly.

What's everyones thoughts?

I've just finished the first 4 episodes of season 6. Loved all of them but episodes 3 and 4 were incredible. Not sure how much is fact and how much is fiction, but I think the parts which we know to be true are portrayed in a sensitive and kind way. Not a fan of William and Harry's castings, but Mo and Dodi Fayed, and Princess Diana were played brilliantly.
I’ve watched the first lot and really enjoyed them.. can’t wait for the next lot.

Earlier series were brilliant but got worse. Some of the exposition in the Diana and Al Fayed episodes of the last series was dire. Netflix just rush stuff out a lot of the time.

Back