The craic in the USA

Not sure what the reasoning was behind the change and maybe it’s me but results seem to be trickling through on Worldometer very very slowly, much slower than normal

comments @Epping you follow that site more closely than me

I wonder if they'll do a "Wales", where some data will get "Lost", with it going to the wrong places. If i see a sudden reduction in cases and deaths i'll be suspicious.
Are they not currently having significantly higher “flu” deaths being recorded than would usually be the case? That’s pretty suspicious in itself.
Just checked and they were 0.1% away from epidemic flu level in February so high flu deaths could be genuine but more likely misdiagnosed Covid imo.

Last edited:
Not sure what the reasoning was behind the change and maybe it’s me but results seem to be trickling through on Worldometer very very slowly, much slower than normal

Trump's administration wants to suppress the numbers, whats a few 000's more dead people & 000,000's more infected people compared to Trumps re-election.
He's committing genocide in plain sight

Part of it is that testing is extremely backlogged. Where I live, results are taking 5 days even for first responders. For the general public, it's more like 9-10. That's so slow as to be pretty much useless.

I note that senior republican coffin dodgers are none too keen to be rocking up to his rally in Jacksonville, nowt to do with that liberal hoax though.

See Texas was top state for cases.. tumbling Florida into 2nd
Seen the polling for Texas and even the conservative One America News only has trump up by two points, most others have Biden edging it. If he can't win Texas he has no hope of winning the election. Can't help but feel his leadership and the partisan supporters of him have sadly contributed to the deaths there.

Are they not currently having significantly higher “flu” deaths being recorded than would usually be the case? That’s pretty suspicious in itself.
Just checked and they were 0.1% away from epidemic flu level in February so high flu deaths could be genuine but more likely misdiagnosed Covid imo.

Maybe in February it would be genuine not now - our lab in March/ April was testing for flu/ Covid on swabs and now only does Covid as flu season is well over

I havent seen the figures but if there are high flu deaths being reported then that is suspicious

Maybe in February it would be genuine not now - our lab in March/ April was testing for flu/ Covid on swabs and now only does Covid as flu season is well over

I havent seen the figures but if there are high flu deaths being reported then that is suspicious

I think Florida has registered more than 4 times the flu numbers than what they would normally get in a year

Part of it is that testing is extremely backlogged. Where I live, results are taking 5 days even for first responders. For the general public, it's more like 9-10. That's so slow as to be pretty much useless.
Do you think the Trump administration is skewing the death toll? numbers don't reflect the rate of infections

Do you think the Trump administration is skewing the death toll? numbers don't reflect the rate of infections

I think the biggest reason is that the recent wave is so recent that people haven't died yet. I think they're preparing to cook the books, not that they've done it yet. There's a lot of suggestion that Florida has been messing with numbers on the state level, as has Georgia.

That's terrible! Are people generally isolating after the test before results?

Walmart announced it would require masks at all of its stores. The CEO of Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, said the new policy would take effect on Monday.

Walmart will need riot police to enforce this

That's terrible! Are people generally isolating after the test before results?

I don't know. At this point if I got sick I wouldn't even bother to get tested. Either I'd get better on my own or it'd put me in the hospital by the time the results got back. (And where I live, you can't get a test without a referral from a physician anyway, so obviously if you are getting tested you are sick; the test results from my area therefore include zero asymptomatic cases.)

HE's trying to oust Fauci, there's a concerted effort to get rid of the experts and artificially reduce the reported numbers before the election.
Trump's administration wants to suppress the numbers, whats a few 000's more dead people & 000,000's more infected people compared to Trumps re-election.
He's committing genocide in plain sight
Beat me to it.
Walmart announced it would require masks at all of its stores. The CEO of Walmart, the world’s largest retailer, said the new policy would take effect on Monday.

Walmart will need riot police to enforce this
THey've actually been one of the first around here to stipulate no entry without a mask. My two local stores did this months ago.

Last edited:
I think the biggest reason is that the recent wave is so recent that people haven't died yet. I think they're preparing to cook the books, not that they've done it yet. There's a lot of suggestion that Florida has been messing with numbers on the state level, as has Georgia.

cases have been in excess of 30k a day and rising to 60+ cases a day for over a month now yet deaths are still running around 600 day average and there are no signs thats its going up as of yet-- you would have thought 30-40k cases daily a month ago would now be showing a rise by now

cases have been in excess of 30k a day and rising to 60+ cases a day for over a month now yet deaths are still running around 600 day average and there are no signs thats its going up as of yet-- you would have thought 30-40k cases daily a month ago would now be showing a rise by now

A case from a month ago is - in many places - not apples to apples with a March case. Testing was so bad in March that even pretty sick people weren't getting tested. Generally the threshold is much lower now (where I live notwithstanding, which I understand from people elsewhere is a genuine outlier). In other words, the death rate measured today is probably a lot closer, and the total caseload in March/April was probably much higher than the stats reported.

Improvements in treatment matter, healthier demographics in recent cases matter, but I'll bet you'll see a fairly substantial rise in the next few weeks. Not back up to 2000+, but we'll see a few days around 14-1500, I'd guess.
Also, I'm not sure your premise is right. At the end of June, weekday death totals were around 700 per day. They're now in the mid-900s fairly consistently.

Last edited:

Back