The craic in the USA

Certain states are reporting bigger numbers early in the day.. it's the lag after the weekend..

As Andrews says.. educated guess

Certain states are reporting bigger numbers early in the day.. it's the lag after the weekend..

As Andrews says.. educated guess
Ta, I was just wondering . I'm never sure where the best place to check is

Brutal the way the white house has now turned on Fauci, probably the only official that still speaks sense amongst Trump's clan.

This man should have been sent to prison.

Whereas this muppet (Editor of the Lancet) goes from strength to strength. He's prospered in the face of his Wiki page being a catalogue of disasters. Like Ferguson his rise to power is nigh on inexplicable.

Denial of retraction of discredited vaccine paper[edit]
See also: The Lancet § Controversies
On 28 February 1998 Horton published a controversial paper by Andrew Wakefield and 12 co-authors with the title “Ileal-lymphoid-nodular hyperplasia, non-specific colitis, and pervasive developmental disorder in children" suggesting that vaccines could cause autism. The publication of the paper set off a sharp decline in vaccinations in Europe and America and in subsequent years globally.[16] In the United Kingdom, the Health Protection Agency attributed a large measles outbreak in 2008 and 2009 to a concurrent drop in the number of children receiving the MMR vaccine. Pockets of measles — which can be fatal —have also cropped up in Canada and the United States as a result of parents’ refusal to vaccinate.[17]

Horton was heavily criticised for refusing to take action for so long. He was finally forced to retract the paper in February 2010 after the General Medical Council (GMC), which oversees doctors in Britain, said that "there was a biased selection of patients in The Lancet paper" and that Wakefield's "conduct in this regard was dishonest and irresponsible".[18] Horton defended his position by saying "I do not regret publishing the original Wakefield paper. Progress in medicine depends on the free expression of new ideas. I worked at the Royal Free from 1988 to 1990 and met him on many occasions. He is a committed, engaging, and charismatic clinician and scientist. He asks big questions about diseases - what are their ultimate causes? - and his ambition often brings quick and impressive results."[19] However, there are groups criticising Horton for contributing to the ongoing dramatic drop of vaccination of children in Europe and America that causes several epidemics and deaths by delaying the retraction of the paper for 12 years.[20]

Back