The craic in the USA

Why do people hate vaccines? :lol:
There was a case I think it was a vaccine against sars, where the government pushed the virus adtge US government pushed it,spending a fortune in public money. The vaccine tyrned out to be hsrming people’s central nervous system, killing quite a lot. I think it was that that set the anti vaccine movement away. It’s online if you want to look, I can’t remember too much about it.
Based on fact that youngsters are less likely to be affected I wouldn’t have a problem with taking them, it’s who they are likely to pass it onto when they get home that’s the real problem

Based on fact that youngsters are less likely to be affected I wouldn’t have a problem with taking them, it’s who they are likely to pass it onto when they get home that’s the real problem
You should have, there is a risk that their (kids) future health could be damaged by some sort of inflamation affecting the nervous sydtem.

Last edited:
There was a case I think it was a vaccine against sars, where the government pushed the virus adtge US government pushed it,spending a fortune in public money. The vaccine tyrned out to be hsrming people’s central nervous system, killing quite a lot. I think it was that that set the anti vaccine movement away. It’s online if you want to look, I can’t remember too much about it.

No, the anti-vaxx movement began because of a (since retracted) paper from 1998 claiming that the massive rise in autism spectrum disorders was linked to the MMR vaccine.

You should have, there is a risk that their (kids) future health could be damaged by some sort of inflamation affecting the nervous sydtem.

I don't think there is a vaccine for SARS.

It is something I know that happened that I mentioned on here in the past few weeks. I am not certain but I thought it was foe sars. I will find it. It didn’t stick. In my mind.
It is something I know that happened that I mentioned on here in the past few weeks. I am not certain but I thought it was foe sars. I will find it. It didn’t stick. In my mind.
just checked it was for Sars and it was 2003. It damaged the nervous system, and government spent a fortune on it. It is in Nature Magazine an article about beibg cautious with covid -19 vaccines. Type it in Sars vaccine USA 2003 damaged recipients. Can’t get the link to woek.

Last edited:

And that's not the origin of the anti-vaccination movement in the U.S. The anti-vaxx movement is almost entirely centered around opposition to childhood vaccinations. Flu shots and related things are a rounding error in the overall calculation.

No, the anti-vaxx movement began because of a (since retracted) paper from 1998 claiming that the massive rise in autism spectrum disorders was linked to the MMR vaccine.
You could be right but I remember the Autism link and a person I knew from the local university was involved. It is not the one I am talking about sorry.

There is no vaccine.

SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome)

Tests on mice showed side effects of what was being developed. No humans were harmed.

Immunization with SARS Coronavirus Vaccines Leads to Pulmonary Immunopathology on Challenge with the SARS Virus

Probably another anti-vac fairy tale.

You could be right but I remember the Autism link and a person I knew from the local university was involved. It is not the one I am talking about sorry.

And my point was that you claimed the one you're talking about (whether SARS or something else) "is the one that set the anti vaccine movement away." That's not correct.

Last edited:
There is no vaccine.

SARS (severe acute respiratory syndrome)

Tests on mice showed side effects of what was being developed. No humans were harmed.

Immunization with SARS Coronavirus Vaccines Leads to Pulmonary Immunopathology on Challenge with the SARS Virus

Probably another anti-vac fairy tale.
I gave you the wrong information it wasn't the 2003mone it was this one that caused Guilaime Barre syndrome which affected the nervous system.

In 1976, concerns in the United States about a possible influenza pandemic involving a virus similar to the deadly 1918 pandemic strain resulted in a large-scale vaccination program for the entire country. Approximately 45 million people were vaccinated in 10 weeks with what became known as the “swine flu vaccine” [16]. The US government abruptly stopped the vaccination program when no swine flu cases were detected outside the military base where the disease originated and when an unexpectedly high number of cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome were reported in vaccinated individuals. The vaccine was estimated to have caused approximately one Guillain-Barré syndrome case per 100,000 persons vaccinated [17], resulting in 53 deaths [18]. As a result of the association between the 1976 swine flu vaccine and Guillain-Barré syndrome, this condition is closely monitored every influenza season as part of the influenza vaccine safety monitoring in the United States.
Here is the link https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4599698/It wouldn't paste from my ipad.

Football:

Germany - completed season with no covid outbreaks
England, Italy, Spain etc - mid completing season with no covid outbreaks
Eastern/Northern Europe - games played normally, fans allowed

USA - restarted season in Disneyworld, so far

- one team sent home for 10 plus cases
- one match cancelled for 5 plus cases
- leagues top goal scorer / star refuses to play.

Football:

Germany - completed season with no covid outbreaks
England, Italy, Spain etc - mid completing season with no covid outbreaks
Eastern/Northern Europe - games played normally, fans allowed

USA - restarted season in Disneyworld, so far

- one team sent home for 10 plus cases
- one match cancelled for 5 plus cases
- leagues top goal scorer / star refuses to play.
Why is it so bad over there? Size of the country? Mixed messages from the nutters in power?

Why is it so bad over there? Size of the country? Mixed messages from the nutters in power?

Americans are taught from a very young age that the individual and individual freedoms are what matters. We are a society of selfish assholes, a set of values inculcated from childhood. The result is that it is a completely normal response for Americans to put their own personal desires, no matter how petty, above the collective needs of others.

The leaders are playing into it, but the people in charge in places like Florida, Arizona, and indeed on Pennsylvania Avenue are an effect of the culture, not the cause.

I gave you the wrong information it wasn't the 2003mone it was this one that caused Guilaime Barre syndrome which affected the nervous system.

In 1976, concerns in the United States about a possible influenza pandemic involving a virus similar to the deadly 1918 pandemic strain resulted in a large-scale vaccination program for the entire country. Approximately 45 million people were vaccinated in 10 weeks with what became known as the “swine flu vaccine” [16]. The US government abruptly stopped the vaccination program when no swine flu cases were detected outside the military base where the disease originated and when an unexpectedly high number of cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome were reported in vaccinated individuals. The vaccine was estimated to have caused approximately one Guillain-Barré syndrome case per 100,000 persons vaccinated [17], resulting in 53 deaths [18]. As a result of the association between the 1976 swine flu vaccine and Guillain-Barré syndrome, this condition is closely monitored every influenza season as part of the influenza vaccine safety monitoring in the United States.
Here is the link https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4599698/It wouldn't paste from my ipad.

Link doesn't work.

The Long Shadow of the 1976 Swine Flu Vaccine 'Fiasco'

Interesting that the US politicians ignored the advice of WHO. Rest of the world took their advice and were OK. Sound familiar?

Back