The craic in the USA

I just don't understand the deep obsession Americans have with everything breaks the constitutional rights.

I'm not really very knowledgeable about the constitution, but it seems pretty outdated and just a way to scream freedom and you can't tell us what to do.

Ironically, even though they love the rights earlier amendments have given them, they don't wanna see no amendments.

I just don't understand the deep obsession Americans have with everything breaks the constitutional rights.

I'm not really very knowledgeable about the constitution, but it seems pretty outdated and just a way to scream freedom and you can't tell us what to do.
I’d imagine the founding fathers would be spinning in their graves if they saw the way their laws and articles were being interpreted, used and defended now.

It's a lot, hows their death rate though?

It's too early to tell. The huge mass of cases is within the last two weeks. But given the age profile of the people getting it there and improvements in treatment, it should be pretty low.

Right now they're at about ~4,200 deaths from ~255k cases, depending which source you use. But a disproportionate share of that caseload hasn't reached resolution yet, so the death rate will rise at least somewhat as a matter of mathematics.

Last edited:
No, the anti-vaxx movement began because of a (since retracted) paper from 1998 claiming that the massive rise in autism spectrum disorders was linked to the MMR vaccine.

It started even before that there was a supposed link with seizures and whooping cough vaccine in the 70s was proven to be incorrect and is largely forgotten.

The issue is with social media and the internet its impossible to stop the misinformation from spreading.

I have a few kids of anti-vaxxers who got to 18 and realized they were at risk and got all the jabs sorted themselves

This man should have been sent to prison.

And he is now pumping Elle McPherson

Last edited:
It started even before that there was a supposed link with seizures and whooping cough vaccine in the 70s was proven to be incorrect and is largely forgotten.

The issue is with social media and the internet its impossible to stop the misinformation from spreading.

I have a few kids of anti-vaxxers who got to 18 and realized they were at risk and got all the jabs sorted themselves

Still wad obviously but she’s looking a bit rough these days

15,000 new cases in Florida alone yesterday, christ.
I was looking at Florida's stats and from 12th March to 12 June they had 70,971 cases in total over the 3 month period, then from 13th June to 11th July they've had an extra180,915 cases. Obviously they may have upped their testing in the last month, but those figures are still bonkers. As has been mentioned, they could be fortunate in that it's mainly young people getting it.

58k in USA today .
That's recorderded cases - reality is possibly 2 or 3x

In 2 or 3 weeks I reckon we will be seeing over 3k deaths per day in USA alone

58k in USA today .
That's recorderded cases - reality is possibly 2 or 3x

In 2 or 3 weeks I reckon we will be seeing over 3k deaths per day in USA alone

With those kind of accelerating death rates, by election day more Americans will have died from/with Covid19 than died in WW2. (418,000) That lasted four years, not eight months.

I know a lot of people in the USA that think it’s a joke effectively, telling me that there’s undeniable proof that they are faking the positive tests to undermine trump and this is why America as a whole should be laughed at unfortunately this time it is no laughing matter.

There are a number on here who believe all this drivel too - a poster a few weeks back was on about the mercury in vaccines and the risk it poses.

Back