The cost of care homes

My Aunty had to go into one a week gone Monday when my uncle was admitted to hospital. He died on Saturday so she will have to stay there.
She’s got full capacity so it’s not dementia it’s her physical disability.
It’s my first experience of care homes and so I’d never really considered the cost, (and I’m not complaining) but bloody hell :eek:

My Aunty had to go into one a week gone Monday when my uncle was admitted to hospital. He died on Saturday so she will have to stay there.
She’s got full capacity so it’s not dementia it’s her physical disability.
It’s my first experience of care homes and so I’d never really considered the cost, (and I’m not complaining) but bloody hell :eek:

I was shocked by the prices 12 years ago , god knows what they are now.

Must be cheaper to look after them yourself for some and take the money

A lass where I work has a mother in law paying £500 a week in a care home, whilst she works 37 hours a week earning £300 after tax. Could probably claim carers allowance too if she looked after her.

The problem is having to put up with the in law around the clock and getting them to stump up the money when it comes to paying.

It's a lot of money and my mam would have been appalled if she'd been aware of the treatment she was subjected to. She was physically assaulted by a cruel female member of staff who was dismissed...my mam died soon after.

Back