The club of County Durham

Depends where you are in East Durham. Peterlee, Blackhall and Horden has and always did have more Newcastle than Wingate, Trimdons Station/Colliery/Grange, Thornley and Wheatley Hill. I'd say more like 70/30 in places like Peterlee and Blackhall and more like 95/5 in the others. In terms of match going fans shift it more towards SAFC. The second best supported team in terms of match going fans in the 95/5 areas is Hartlepool. It changes as you start getting closer to Teesside: Trimdon Village, Fishburn and Sedgefield have more Newcastle and by the time you get to Sedgefield it's probably an even split SAFC/MIddlesbrough/Newcastle. Having said that, the only supporters bus out of Sedgefield I'm aware of is SAFC but then again it will pick up at Fishburn and the Trimdons. I read on here that Shotton has changed, but when I was growing up it was all SAFC.

It'll all change soon though, because loads of people are moving into these places from southern England with no family history of following SAFC.
Certainly didn't have Mags in any number in the 70s like

Back