The Bunker

Old article but a quality one.

Thought I would post it on the Bunker thread as I was talking to Kenny Sanger recently and we were saying about Dickie and how he was a massive influence to many young guitarists in the Bunker.

https://www.theguardian.com › music › musicblog › 2015 › nov › 06 › melancholia-and-raw-pain-sad...

Green domain

Melancholia and raw pain: the sad end of Leatherface​

Fifty is too young, even for a man who lived a life that was big and fast. But also because it most likely spells the true death for Leatherface, the greatest British punk band of the modern era ...

The Ramellos + The Embers + Guests​

The Bunker, Sunderland,
Sat 8th June 2024
The Ramellos + The Embers + Guests take on The Bunker. Our venue hosts the best local talent, and this evening won't be any different.
Doors open at 7 PM.

Ah yes, in the cafe next door. All bands were good and Black Rain were excellent. My first visit to the Bunker will not be my last.

Thanks for the Sunderland music thread by the way. Its my Whats On in Sunderland and really helps now I am exploring the music scene here.

You're very welcome I've never known so much live music in Sunderland as there is currently.

@GTG
@Longy

Happy birthday forty one years old .

😎

The Bunker Group 35

·

Flux of Pink Indians, the System, Alternative, Andy T, Annie Anxiety, Psycho Faction and local band Side Effects played our fist gig at the new Bunker.
None of us at that first gig would of thought that this would be a continuous music project for over the next 40 years, it's still growing and has over the last few years been putting more and more gigs on. Thanks to Kenny Sanger and the Bunker CIC team and all the people who've kept the project going for over 40 years.
This must be one the best documented gigs we've got, massive thanks to Steven Gray, Craig Hetherington, Jill Christie and John Longstaff for the photos, thanks to Will Binks for Still Dying Fanzine Review.

Happy birthday forty one years old .

😎

The Bunker Group 35

·

Flux of Pink Indians, the System, Alternative, Andy T, Annie Anxiety, Psycho Faction and local band Side Effects played our fist gig at the new Bunker.
None of us at that first gig would of thought that this would be a continuous music project for over the next 40 years, it's still growing and has over the last few years been putting more and more gigs on. Thanks to Kenny Sanger and the Bunker CIC team and all the people who've kept the project going for over 40 years.
This must be one the best documented gigs we've got, massive thanks to Steven Gray, Craig Hetherington, Jill Christie and John Longstaff for the photos, thanks to Will Binks for Still Dying Fanzine Review.
Remember it getting raided by coppers before the bands coming on. Running around handing our stash of cans and cider to older lads. Flux were magnificent , and possibly the best to open the new Bunker as headliner.
Still got a drumstick from the D.I.R.T GIg at the Green Terrace Bunker. Keep meaning to give it to Booga for safekeeping .

Last edited:

Back