The Bunker

Says Leeds on Facebook..didn't really know him back then like..i probably know Christie the best out of all the original lot.
Must have moved mate
He was in Harrogate when he first left
They played a set at the Bunker also the Drum Club and the Mecca..this was the acoustic tour they were going..it was only Strummer and Simonon from the original line up.
Not quite mate . They turned up on the afternoon at the bunker . Early evening they played Gollums ,which was a basement in the Mowbray bar . I was in Toppers bar upstairs as it was our starting point and knew nowt about it .
Later they played the Drum club which was in the mecca . I'd go there once or twice a month an again didn't bother that night 😃.
Just my luck . I think I'd moved onto Japan and Teardrop explodes etc by then with me fingerless gloves and quiff !

Last edited:

Must have moved mate

Not quite mate . They turned up on the afternoon at the bunker . Early evening they played Gollums ,which was a basement in the Mowbray bar . I was in Toppers bar upstairs as it was our starting point and knew nowt about it .
Later they played the Drum club which was in the mecca . I'd go there once or twice a month an again didn't bother that night 😃.
Just my luck . I think I'd moved onto Japan and Teardrop explodes etc by then with me fingerless gloves and quiff !
That's it Gollums..couldn't remember it's name..i've seen the photos anarl..with Alf Dryden on them.

Must have moved mate

Had a few beers in The Salem and played an impromptu gig in a flat across the road afterwards. There's a recording of it on YouTube.

Back