The Bridge 4

This is why it makes no sense by the Bbc to change things - putting it on bbc2 and probably one episode at a time. If you haven't seen previous series, it will make no sense. I'm guessing the first episode will get bigger numbers who will drop off watching. I'm irritated really.

Last edited:
This is why it makes no sense by the Bbc to change things - putting it on bbc2 and probably one episode at a time. If you haven't seen previous series, it will make no sense. I'm guessing the first episode will get bigger numbers who will drop off watching. I'm irritated really.

It is a bit weird but I think you're crediting BBC2's audience with less intelligence than they have. BBC1 would be different. Not bothered about 1 or 2 a week TBH, as long as we don't lose the Saturday night double bill of something else. Don't want them farting about with Episodes timings and making me adjust my series links.

Actually, one thing I've thought of is that showing it over 8 weeks will mean it runs through a fair bit of the world cup, which'll be a pain!

It is a bit weird but I think you're crediting BBC2's audience with less intelligence than they have. BBC1 would be different. Not bothered about 1 or 2 a week TBH, as long as we don't lose the Saturday night double bill of something else. Don't want them farting about with Episodes timings and making me adjust my series links.

Actually, one thing I've thought of is that showing it over 8 weeks will mean it runs through a fair bit of the world cup, which'll be a pain!
It's not an intelligence thing at all - more that people won't get the previous nuances and relationships from previous series - especially series 3. The recap will end up more of a mini episode if it's to make sense to non previous watchers. I suppose they hope people will watch series 3 which I think is on iplayer.

It's not an intelligence thing at all - more that people won't get the previous nuances and relationships from previous series - especially series 3. The recap will end up more of a mini episode if it's to make sense to non previous watchers. I suppose they hope people will watch series 3 which I think is on iplayer.

A lot of people have caught up via word of mouth and good reviews. TBH, one of the things I don't understand is the BBC moving series from BBC4 to BBC2 to BBC1 as they become more popular but I honestly don't think it makes a massive difference here.

Love the bridge
Just finished a Danish series on BB4, set in a tube station in Copenhagan after terrorists kindap a load of commuters, very good. Still on iPlayer

Back