The Bridge 4

I was happy enough with the ending, all the threads were tied up nicely.
Agreed. Half way through I said to the wife 'The lad in the wheelchair hasn't been in yet' then boom. Like Andy from Little Britain, i want that one, pointing to Henrik's daughter

It will be far better either binge watched or 2 at a time. The standard hasn't gone down for me - just my inability to remember one hour per week what's what.

Agreed. In preparation for series 4 I watched the previous 3 series, two at a time.

Worryingly I could remember very little apart from the main characters and the dramatic set pieces. It was almost like watching them for the first time.

Apart from the fact that they were on the wrong channel on the wrong night and in the wrong season, I've struggled with the single one hour episodes of series 4.

Although I gave up with the many intricacies of the plot I still enjoyed the series but mainly because of the acting.

Henrik is a compelling character but Sofie Helin's portrayal of Saga was an absolute tour de force.

Her struggles with her condition and her coming to terms with the fact that she had feelings for Henrik, all with the bare minimum of dialogue, was one of the most subtle, powerful and moving acting performances I can remember.

The problem I have with the usual churned out cop dramas is that often I can't engage with and therefore really don't care about what happens to the main protagonists, but that's definitely not the case with The Bridge.

In the end I tuned in not really to discover what happened next or to spot the red herrings, but more to find out how Henrik and particularly Saga, coped.

Superb TV.

Agreed. In preparation for series 4 I watched the previous 3 series, two at a time.

Worryingly I could remember very little apart from the main characters and the dramatic set pieces. It was almost like watching them for the first time.

Apart from the fact that they were on the wrong channel on the wrong night and in the wrong season, I've struggled with the single one hour episodes of series 4.

Although I gave up with the many intricacies of the plot I still enjoyed the series but mainly because of the acting.

Henrik is a compelling character but Sofie Helin's portrayal of Saga was an absolute tour de force.

Her struggles with her condition and her coming to terms with the fact that she had feelings for Henrik, all with the bare minimum of dialogue, was one of the most subtle, powerful and moving acting performances I can remember.

The problem I have with the usual churned out cop dramas is that often I can't engage with and therefore really don't care about what happens to the main protagonists, but that's definitely not the case with The Bridge.

In the end I tuned in not really to discover what happened next or to spot the red herrings, but more to find out how Henrik and particularly Saga, coped.

Superb TV.
Brilliantly put! I thought she progressed as a character due to her struggles and Thure Lindhardt
was moving in his portrayal of Henrik too. Some day I will either binge rewatch this - or at least do 2 episodes at a time. Bbc failure imho.

Binged this yesterday and haven't read any of this thread until now. Sofie Helin was superb as Saga. Went through just about every emotion, laughing at some of her remarks to just wanting to hug her and tell her she was perfect. Some very powerful scenes between her and Henrik. I genuinely thought she was going to jump at the end though. Pleased she didn't as it would probably have driven me over the edge.

@alexander Are there any plans for a spin-off series about Saga?

Superb TV.
Problem is with Brit stuff its the same dozen people in everything and you don't buy into the characters

Last edited:

Back