The Borough

Status
Not open for further replies.

It was losing money as weren't getting enough customers through the door.
If it hadn't changed ownership it would have closed.
Those moaning what they think is it's demise should have used it more and this may not have happened.
It's now an identikit pub, done out exactly the same as the rose and crown in Newcastle and a few others that the company have recently acquired.

In terms of trade it's now thriving.

It was losing money as weren't getting enough customers through the door.
If it hadn't changed ownership it would have closed.
Those moaning what they think is it's demise should have used it more and this may not have happened.
It's now an identikit pub, done out exactly the same as the rose and crown in Newcastle and a few others that the company have recently acquired.

In terms of trade it's now thriving.
They didn't have to rip its soul out though. They could have increased its appeal to people like me by refreshing it a bit - tidying it up - sorting the f***ing manky toilets out for a start.

As it stands, I did go in when it first got done out, thought it was shite and preferred it when it stank. Will not be returning as there are many other pubs now almost identical to the Borough that invariably do it much better.

Behave man @dangermows - the toilets were widely regarded as the worst in town.

Just because you grew up frequenting shitty stinking bars it doesn't mean everyone else wants to man.

Behave man @dangermows - the toilets were widely regarded as the worst in town.

Just because you grew up frequenting shitty stinking bars it doesn't mean everyone else wants to man.

Not arsed about the bogs tbh. Cock out, piss, cock away. Job done.

I didn't.

Been in plenty of proper shit hole bars round the globe mind. With holes in the floor for you to piss and shit in.

Some reet fannys on here. It wasn't manky or stinking ffs. A bit weathered aye. Hear people say the likes of the Vaults and Kings Arms are lifting too. Like fuck man. Just proper pubs with a bit about them.
Unfortunately the beer was shit as well. You can put up with some grime if they kept the beer well but every time we've nipped in for a nostalgic pint over the last fifteen years, it has been rotten.

Unfortunately the beer was shit as well. You can put up with some grime if they kept the beer well but every time we've nipped in for a nostalgic pint over the last fifteen years, it has been rotten.

Hit and miss in my experience. Had to send a pint back the other week actually, cloudy as fuck at the bottom, even after a good few minutes.

I haven't been in since its been done out, so have no idea how sanitised it's become.

I believe the way the Dun Cow was refurbished proves you can sympathetically renovate a traditional pub. Yet new owners seem to think block colour and blandness is the way forward.

The bogs were lifting mind and needed ripping out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back