The Borough

xmfd

Winger
Well done to whoever thought it was a good idea to buy it and rip out its soul. Just another faceless pub with no character.

Taking the jukebox out though, ffs. Went in a few weeks ago and there was about 7 old blokes having a pint with Miley Cyrus blasting through the speakers.

I'll give it a year tops before it's closed

Went in recently for the first time since it's been done out. It's utter shite.

Just a shame isn't it? Fair enough it needed money spending, i.e. The toilets, carpet etc, but they've completely fucked it. Especially with Port of Call opposite. They were never going to compete with them. What crowd are they appealing to now other than deaf ******** who'll spend £3.50 for a pint in hell.

Seriously . How hard can it be ?

Never been in since the refurb

The people I know who have said it's awful and haven't been back since

Only really needed the toilets cleaning and maybe a bit of a clean around the bar and I would have been happy

Sad to hear this as an exile. Best pub in the town late 80s, early 90s. Double Maxim, great jukebox and always a nice place to chat. A proper pub with soul back then.

First pub I ever went to in the town.....night of the play off match at the Hotch Potch....got the job the day after and was living here 6 weeks later.

First pub I ever went to in the town.....night of the play off match at the Hotch Potch....got the job the day after and was living here 6 weeks later.
Used to start in the Ivy, sometimes downstairs in Blueberries, then settle in for a few hours in the Borough before Ku on a weekend. Midweek always just went to the Borough. Lovely pub, always canny crowd in there.

Just a shame isn't it? Fair enough it needed money spending, i.e. The toilets, carpet etc, but they've completely fucked it. Especially with Port of Call opposite. They were never going to compete with them. What crowd are they appealing to now other than deaf ******** who'll spend £3.50 for a pint in hell.

Seriously . How hard can it be ?

Looks like it's looking for the same crowd that frequent shite like Pure. Was neon lights on the go and pop shite blaring out.

The old place had character, a superb jukebox and a good crowd.

Back