The Big Bang

Status
Not open for further replies.

They may as well have said 42.

It isn't a great explanation to me, it's as likely that a greater being created the initial spark to get things going.

Really, from absolutely nothing to billions of galaxies etc.

Not on my watch.

There's currently no way of knowing what if anything existed past the Planck Time.
The best current theory is that there was a Singularity which is a point in space where space has no dimensions.
The only two possible states are Nonexistence and Existence. If you accept that Existence cannot come from Nonexistence then Existence is a necessary and constant state and the Universe has always existed but changes form.

There's currently no way of knowing what if anything existed past the Planck Time.
The best current theory is that there was a Singularity which is a point in space where space has no dimensions.
The only two possible states are Nonexistence and Existence. If you accept that Existence cannot come from Nonexistence then Existence is a necessary and constant state and the Universe has always existed but changes form.

I see where your coming from and maybe its just my crap mind but I just cant comprehend something coming from nothing and I cant comprehend there ever being nothing :)

Crook's in another universe.:rolleyes:

Hunwick now marra, I emigrated a few ago

Interesting hypothesis.

Now your talking. The constant state of existence sounds like what I will choose to believe.

I see where your coming from and maybe its just my crap mind but I just cant comprehend something coming from nothing and I cant comprehend there ever being nothing :)

Well if you say Something cannot come from Nothing then since there is now Something then there must have always been Something. It's incredibly simple.

They may as well have said 42.

It isn't a great explanation to me, it's as likely that a greater being created the initial spark to get things going.

Really, from absolutely nothing to billions of galaxies etc.

Not on my watch.

You really think it is more likely that a greater being created the universe? Doesn't that just push the question back another step and make it even more difficult to answer, since the creator must be more complicated than his creation?

Maybe it's more likely we just don't understand yet, and perhaps never will, but a far simpler explanation is the correct one. That's where my money would be.

Which leads to...... a creator?

God?

If there was a "god" then there wasn't "Nothing". Therefore "something" (god) made Something Else from Nothing. If there was Something apart from "god" then "god" didn't need to create Something. We know that the Universe exists but nobody has demonstrated the existence of a god. Things which do not exist cannot cause other things.

just cant get me head around that

Imagine you are a fly on the outside of a car tyre. You can walk around it forever and you will never come to the end of it.

Its a very interesting theory but always seemed too far fetched to me.

I could go into the details but we might need a separate sub forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back