The Big Bang

I actually agree with our last point. The caveman would also invent an answer like a god created it all. Christianity comes from a set of Bronze Age writings and beliefs. I am just incredulous that people still believe all of that shit today.

I suppose it's an easier answer though to something people don't understand. "I don't understand XYZ therefore god did it". You're certainly not the only person with such beliefs.

My original point was kind of we are exploring space and are making discoveries all the time but don't really know what it all means. In the same way a caveman would explore a car and the individual parts and components but would know how it works or what it's really intended for.

You could also say the car in my example was created it didn't just happen out of nothing.

My original point was kind of we are exploring space and are making discoveries all the time but don't really know what it all means. In the same way a caveman would explore a car and the individual parts and components but would know how it works or what it's really intended for.

You could also say the car in my example was created it didn't just happen out of nothing.

You know that cars are created because you have millions of examples of cars being created by PEOPLE. You have one Universe and no access to a creator or any idea how the creator would create the Universe except for a story written in an old book by people who wiped their arses with clumps of grass. You contrast designed things with nature.

You know that cars are created because you have millions of examples of cars being created by PEOPLE. You have one Universe and no access to a creator or any idea how the creator would create the Universe except for a story written in an old book by people who wiped their arses with clumps of grass. You contrast designed things with nature.

Sorry mate but I just have a different view to you and many others, I find it difficult to believe that everything we see around us and into deep space could have came from nothing in a big bang.

I'm not a churchgoer at the moment nor am I a religous nut and have an open mind on a lot of things but I just have the view there is a level intelligence beyond what we can currently comprehend that is playing a part in some way.

Whether that is called God, HAL, Dave or IT, to me ir doesn't really matter.

Sorry mate but I just have a different view to you and many others, I find it difficult to believe that everything we see around us and into deep space could have came from nothing in a big bang.

I'm not a churchgoer at the moment nor am I a religous nut and have an open mind on a lot of things but I just have the view there is a level intelligence beyond what we can currently comprehend that is playing a part in some way.

Whether that is called God, HAL, Dave or IT, to me ir doesn't really matter.

You can believe whatever you want for any or no reason at all.
If the intelligence you believe in is beyond comprehension then you cannot say anything about it because it is incomprehensible. You have replaced a mystery with a bigger mystery.

Last edited:
They are also more likely to go bald and develop Alzheimers as they get older.
I think Penrose has gone slightly mental tbf. :lol: A few years ago he was big into fractals. "Everything is a fractal! Secrets of the Universe" type stuff, then suddenly he shows up with this Hameroff fella shouting about "God/consciousness is in the particles!".

I think counting large numbers repeatedly may have actually sent him a bit Di Canio.

Back