The best Nirvana album

In Utero for me, but, the With the Lights Out compilation is superb. Some lesser known gems on there (Verse Chorus Verse, Token Eastern Song, I Hate Myself etc), as well as early demos/recordings. Kurt's own stuff that was released after the Montage of Heck film in 2014 has some decent stuff too, although pretty experimental in parts.

like many bands they took influence from many other bands

The Vaselines and teenage fanclub were two notable Scottish band he liked

nirvana actually covered three songs by the Vaselines

Last edited:
like many bands they took influence from many other bands

The Vaselines and teenage fanclub were two notable Scottish band he liked

nirvana actually covered three songs by the Vaselines
Saw teenage Fanclub support them back in the day, they blew Nirvana off the stage. It was Nirvanas first arena gig and Kurt just wasnt into it.

Weirdly for a gig that age the whole thing is on youtube

It is immense like. It's got an ethereal quality to it, even when ya've dissected it fully.

Sometimes when I get in steaming I watch the full thing on Youtube and just sit there monging out with a smile on my face. It's pure bliss.

I recall listening to it on a ferry crossing through the night when I was a teenager and welling up for absolutely no reason at all.

It just does something to me and I don't know what it is.

Sometimes when I get in steaming I watch the full thing on Youtube and just sit there monging out with a smile on my face. It's pure bliss.

I recall listening to it on a ferry crossing through the night when I was a teenager and welling up for absolutely no reason at all.

It just does something to me and I don't know what it is.
:lol: Class man.

It's Nevermind if we're being true but it's been battered that much I don't think many actually have it as their fav album anymore. It's certainly the more impactful album of the three (Four or Five if you include Incesticide and Unplugged).

I like all of them tbh, have went through phases of liking all better than the others but ultimately Nevermind was the one that left the biggest lasting impression.

Back