The Bear

Just watched the Christmas episode there, brilliant. The amount of acting talent in that one room. Was absolutely willing Bernthal to throw the fork :lol:

Another great season which surpassed my expectations. The episode where Marcus went to Copenhagen was great, as was ‘Forks’.

Richie’s development was a joy to watch and I was pretty much punching the air when he took control in the final episode :lol:

Restaurant kitchens are a strange self-contained world. If you’ve worked in one you’ll instantly connect with The Bear, if you haven’t then it’s fascinating to see. They are completely dysfunctional spaces where the simple act of cooking some dinner takes on a mythical proportion. But it just makes sense because every other nutter in the place has bought into the conceit. If you break it down it’s literally just cooking some food, but the madness and pressure that comes with it elevates it somehow and it just seems normal because everyone else there buys into the atmosphere.

I’ve worked both kitchen and front of house and can relate exquisitely with the series. It’s brilliantly done, mashing the imperceptible madness of the situation with the stress and heat that keeps you pushing on. I’ve done a lot of jobs and a lot of other things in life and nothing, and I mean nothing, can compare to a busy, successful service.

Haven't read the thread as don't want spoilers, I'm about 4 episodes in to series 2.
It's a great programme but I find it quite stressful, that episode where they all kicked off with each other made me feel a bit ill tbh :lol: :confused:
I quite fancy Carmy, not sure why :neutral:

Haven't read the thread as don't want spoilers, I'm about 4 episodes in to series 2.
It's a great programme but I find it quite stressful, that episode where they all kicked off with each other made me feel a bit ill tbh :lol: :confused:
I quite fancy Carmy, not sure why :neutral:
If you think that's stressful try watching Boiling Point with Stephen Graham needed valium by the end.

Just finished series 2. Fantastic stuff. The Christmas episode was the most intense bit of television I've watched but incredible.
Each episode stood out in its own way and it would be fascinating to break them all down.

Another great season which surpassed my expectations. The episode where Marcus went to Copenhagen was great, as was ‘Forks’.

Richie’s development was a joy to watch and I was pretty much punching the air when he took control in the final episode :lol:
Richie's the boy like.
Just finished series 2. Fantastic stuff. The Christmas episode was the most intense bit of television I've watched but incredible.
Each episode stood out in its own way and it would be fascinating to break them all down.
It was amazing like. Our nerves were shredded watching it. I think we even had a bit of a tiff afterwards we were wound up. :lol:

Last edited:
I came across this by accident when listening to REM on YT last night ..newish loaded video for Strange Currencies (Great tune) and I liked the tone of the interweaved footage from what looked like a film.

I did some research and found 'The Bear' is a series. I came here to see if the mighty SMB had 'reviewed it'

Which subscription service do I need to watch it?

Looks right up my alley.

Back