The Band

The backlash has started. Sadly.
Eee I'd forgotten all about that comment when I posted this thread the other day...

Easily the most underrated band ever. But could they be a hit at all today?

Most of their songs told quite complex stories (oddly with a lot of accuracy). Sure, they could be a little self indulgent in production values, but if you listen to some of their live stuff, it's loads better than some live stuff now. That said, their studio stuff sounds very dated.

If you've never heard them, have a listen to some of these.

One of those bands I`ve never really listened to but think I should have so the other day I bought a compilation. yes, I know I could listen to it on Spotify and I did have a quick whip through some songs that I quite liked but I still like to have something physical with sleeve notes that I can read as I listen to it properly. Looking forward to listening to it

One of those bands I`ve never really listened to but think I should have so the other day I bought a compilation. yes, I know I could listen to it on Spotify and I did have a quick whip through some songs that I quite liked but I still like to have something physical with sleeve notes that I can read as I listen to it properly. Looking forward to listening to it
I do this! I prefer to have a hard copy. I’ve read about the last waltz (I believe it was filmed by Martin Scorsese) but to my knowledge I don’t think I’ve ever heard a song by them. However this thread means I am going to put that right today.

I do this! I prefer to have a hard copy. I’ve read about the last waltz (I believe it was filmed by Martin Scorsese) but to my knowledge I don’t think I’ve ever heard a song by them. However this thread means I am going to put that right today.
I`ve done that a fair few times as a result of threads from here. I just went for a 2 disc Grateful Dead compilation a few weeks ago as they are a band I`ve known about for years but don`t know anything by them. It`s a canny compilation too with a pretty decent booklet with it. Does just the job I need.

Before the flood is fantastic like. Gonna give it a spin this weekend as never heard it for years
I've lost my copy. Was looking for it the other day.
They were fantastic on The Basement Tapes, and Planet Waves as well.

And listen to Levon and Rick’s drums and bass on this:

Have you listened to his new album yet? I must have a listen this week.

Last edited:
I've lost my copy. Was looking for it the other day.

Have you listened to his new album yet? I must have a listen this week.
Bob or Neil?

Bob's is good - but not as good as Tempest.

Neil's - I can see why it was shelved. The good songs have been presented better elsewhere before. As a collective work, it's not really up there with the albums he did put out back then.

Bob's will enter the rotation no doubt - there's not an awful lot about Neil's that makes me want to revisit.

Bob or Neil?

Bob's is good - but not as good as Tempest.

Neil's - I can see why it was shelved. The good songs have been presented better elsewhere before. As a collective work, it's not really up there with the albums he did put out back then.

Bob's will enter the rotation no doubt - there's not an awful lot about Neil's that makes me want to revisit.
Neil's. I got Bob's the day it was released.. I'm enjoying it, It's a grower.

Back